[RELEASE] GameTime - Pro & College Sports Schedules Integration

Interesting. They replied to me that they don't offer a free trial to the WNBA api. Wonder how you got them to give it to you? Between that and the fact that their WNBA api is limited anyway, I think this means the app will not support the WNBA.

That is ok. I would rather you spend you time on the ones that are there and hope you will have time some time to do Soccer, but it looks like soccer may not be as straight forward as the others.

Thank you,

Yeah, that plus it's unique so it will basically require code dedicated to that one league. Maybe at some point after I've got all the other leagues up and running well.

1 Like

Everything is working great for me now! Thanks for all the hard work!

1 Like

I've just updated the beta version on github and HPM. This is a major update.

• displays the last game until it makes sense to switch to displaying the next game
  • shows whether your team won or lost the last game. The status attribute will change to Won or Lost depending on the result of the last game (NHL could also be "Lost in OT" and NFL could also be "Tied").
  • reduces API call count, and keeps track of it.

Although I've tested these features somewhat, I've used up my API call count for some leagues in the process. So I could use some help identifying issues across the various leagues. Obviously I haven't been able to test any leagues that are not currently in season, like college sports.

Updated just now to handle late night games that go into the next day.
@mikee385 have you had a chance to check out how the app gets the win/loss status? Would be helpful to know if it's working as you desired.

I started playing with GameTime again today, but I ran into a number of errors when I installed it and set up a team:

I think HPM overwrote my work-in-progress and caused this. First time that's happened. Anyways, sorry about that - these errors should be fixed now.

This should be working well now. The only corner case I've seen so far that still needs addressing is updating the win/loss status of a late night game where the team's record updates only after midnight. I either have to stay up past midnight to debug that or increase my log size by a lot....

It’s been working great for me!

I only have MLB set up at the moment, since there isn’t much I can do with NFL or college football right now. But no issues over the past few days. And the win/loss status worked perfectly yesterday. It correctly handled the initial game on Sunday (where it didn’t have a previous record to compare to yet), correctly handled the off-day on Monday, and correctly handled the game yesterday.

All good on my end. Thanks for all your hard work!

1 Like

When adding a tile to the dashboard, which template do we need to use?

Attribute

v 1.2.4 - Adds option to hide game result spoilers. Configurable on a team by team basis.

This has been working stable for my pro teams. I will keep in beta for another month or two, for testing college sports. Then release once college sports are stable.

Any chance we could get this to work on the Hubitat Dashboard for Android app developed by @jpage4500? When I tried adding the tile I just see a switch icon. Maybe it's because NFL/NBA season hasn't started yet so there's nothing to display yet?

It should work as-is if the dashboard is capable of displaying HTML. Are you sure you are displaying the “tile” attribute as opposed to the “switch” attribute? If you’re displaying the switch attribute, a switch icon would be appropriate…

I only have the option to display as a switch or button:

@jpage4500 I've added an existing device to maker API to incorporate into the dashboard. Is there a way to change that device to a web tile? I believe that is the device type it needs to be to display values.

Is that tile attribute something that's used in several devices and handled in the built-in dashboard? Right now I'm looking for an html attribute but if tile is essentially the same thing I can handle that too.

I'm also working on getting any HTML text to display too for other non-standard attributes as well

Not sure who you're asking, but the tile attribute in the GameTime devices is just a standard attribute but with HTML text. You can add the attribute to the built-in HE dashboard using the Attribute tile.

It sounds like the Dashboard for Adroid app just isn't configured yet for displaying HTML attributes, so this may be a broader topic appropriate for addressing in the thread for that app. If there's anything specific I need to do to get GameTime to work with that dashboard, I'll be happy to make the needed tweaks.

1 Like

Thanks for the notes.. I just was wondering if the tile attribute was a common one used by Hubitat drivers like this one. I was already looking for an html attribute which can be seen in the Device Watchdog app.

btw - when I say attribute I'm just talking about what's visible to my app via MakerAPI -- but it's more or less the list of fields here:

In any case, I'm going to also look for tile as well and offer the option to view the device (tile) with HTML formatting..

Here's what I've got so far (not yet released):

GameTime is a really impressive HE app, btw.. I can't believe I hadn't heard of it until just now.. it's definitely going to be a part of my wall-mounted dashboard.

As an aside, Hubitat Dashboard tries to automatically display each device as best as possible. It does this by looking for various attributes and capabilities in an order of priority.. by default this device is detected as a switch because of the switch attribute - so the user would have to change it to an HTML device type. But, is the 'switch' even used? If that attribute wasn't there this device would automatically display like the images above

1 Like

I don’t know of any universal attribute naming convention that is common among Hubitat apps for HTML attributes. But I do know that a lot of apps shove HTML into an attribute for the purpose of dashboard display. So I think what would be needed is the option to choose which custom attribute is to be rendered as an HTML tile.

Thanks! Glad to hear you like it! Let me know if you run into any issues with college sports, since those haven’t been stress tested yet.

The switch attribute is indeed used. It turns on when it’s a game day and off when it’s not a game day.