[RELEASE] GameTime - Pro & College Sports Schedules Integration

ahh.. that's cool - I didn't notice that! I did notice the gameTime attribute (field) which I bet is pretty unique to this app.. so, I'll just look for it specifically in the next release and auto display the tile instead of the switch.. I'm guessing most people would prefer it defaulted to the pretty view vs the switch

So I think what would be needed is the option to choose which custom attribute is to be rendered as an HTML tile

Yep, that's what I'm doing.. in the GameTime case I see the tile attribute so no need to pick. But, for some of the non-standard drivers like Hubitat Device Information there's a lot of custom device attributes so the user would have to pick which one to display on the tile.

1 Like

Testing college sports for the first time tonight, now that games are happening. Seeing some issues with updating game in progress and will update soon after the issues are addressed.

Version 1.2.6 fixes some issues that arose for me in college football game updates. I recommend everyone update to that version.

SportsData for some reason wasn’t updating the game progress last night for Duke v Charlotte (as in quarter and time remaining info). Hopefully that was just because it was a preseason game. We’ll see.

Also, I am still working on making sure deducing the game result works well for college sports. Might still be some updates needed for that, which I was why I kept this is beta until college sports started. Either way, let me know if you run into any issues.

btw - thanks for the option to hide results and the team's record -- I usually have to watch games much later thanks to kids activities and if the record was there I guarantee my son would look for it and tell me who won the game before I got a chance to watch it!

My only request -- and a minor one at that -- would be if it's possible to selectively hide the team's record per team.. ie: I don't need to hide it for my woeful Mets but really want to hide it for the college teams I follow.. same with the game results. But, that's a pretty minor one and overall I'm loving this app!

Sure, should be easy enough. I’ll put it on my to-do list.

Actually, the game results are already per-team. It’s just the record that is a universal setting right now.

Does it make sense to keep the show/hide record a universal setting, but to have the Hide Game Spoilers setting (which is already per team) override that universal setting, since showing the record would spoil the game result just like the Win/Loss status would?

Well, implementing it that way was easy enough that I went ahead and did that. Let me know if that works for you.

v1.2.8 - Hide Record when Hide Game Spoilers

Is it possible to pause a team rather than removing the child instance? For example once basketball and football season starts I want those to take priority over baseball on my dashboard tile.

After basketball is over I'll turn baseball back on. It would be easier to pause/unpause rather than deleting and re-adding the API key.

Sure, that’s a good idea. I can think through, too, whether to have settings for doing that automatically.

Thanks! Ideally if it's possible to prioritize the teams for what shows up on the tile that would be the best solution. I suggested pause/unpause because I thought it would be the quicker solution.

Yup, I agree. I’ll probably code it to prioritize teams then.

Thanks for listening and continuing to improve this great app!

1 Like

What is everyone's experience with college sports? In particular, is the game data being updated during the game to show the current progress of the game (like how much time is left, and who won)? So far, it doesn't look like SportsData.IO is updating the progress of Duke football games... not sure if that is the case for all college football teams or just duke :confused:

So, I'm trying to think about how prioritization would actually work. My first thought is this: you could specify that a team is to be displayed only if no other team has activity within X hours (where X is configurable). So, for you, if you set it up to where your baseball team is to be displayed only if no other team has activity within 24 hours. your baseball team would only show up if there was no football or basketball game within the last 24 hours or within the next 24 hours.

How does that sound? Would that meet your needs?

Yeah I think that would work perfectly for me.

Ok, I coded it up. Will test on my end for a bit before making it public.

v1.3.0 - Added option to specify a team as Low Priority, in which case the team will only show on the 'all team' (parent) GameTime device if no other higher priority team has activity within X hours, where X is configurable.

Let me know if you run into any issues with this update.

I am not sure what I have done, this was working sometime ago and I uninstalled since NFL wasn't going. I just went back and installed it again. I made sure it is on the latest version 1.3.0. I even went and got a new api key. I created the instance but the devices do not show anything.

I am seeing this error:

That is all that I see.

Thank you

Thanks for reporting this, paul. Resulted from an issue with the way SportsData.IO reports data for the NFL bye week. Fixed in the latest release, 1.3.1.

Thanks for the quick turn around on the prioritization! Looking at the schedule of Houston sports teams it looks like I'll put this update to the test on Sunday.

1 Like