[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

Before you released this, I also went ahead and did a "Reset all data" on the FM device. The combination seems to have resolved that error I was seeing. It also correctly follows based on whether the laptop is on (present / virtual switch off) :arrow_right: sends to office speaker, or laptop is off (not present / virtual switch on) :arrow_right: sends to phone via Join.

Thank you!

1 Like

Well...today I started off and used the switch I setup to pause the applications, and paused everything (due to a morning meeting). Now that I have un-paused, it is back to both speakers speaking the messages.

• I'm not sure if there's a specific log or screenshot I should post (I didn't change anything besides cycling through that pause)?

• Would it help to see the variable values from the gear menu on the child apps?

• Should I do a reset data again?

I simply need a screenshot of the debug log.

From post #1

I'll have to generate one - I turned all the logs off because it was working yesterday. Will circle back.

FYI, so far so good

So, this is an interesting twist...I turned debug on for both child apps and the device. Forced a message out of Averaging Plus, just to have some message, and now both child devices come back as off:

app:1330 should be to my phone via Join, and app:1342 the one to the office Google Home. Do you think I should pause/unpause using the switch and pull another log?

EDIT: now I realize I forgot to turn on debug for the parent. (and now I reran it with that on, but the log - and both zones being off - was unaffected).

I ended up doing another Reset All Data in the device. After the two child apps had a chance to cycle through their activation criteria (presence for the office speaker, and switch for the phone), it seemed to get back on track. I stated "pause" yesterday, but I guess the switch-based control at the bottom of the child is what you termed enable/disable. So, when reenabled, it seemed to have gotten off track on which child devices to route to. I'll try to see if I can produce logs to show that, since I know they are easier to work with.

Getting this error when running updates in Hubitat Package Manager

[app:4812]2022-01-29 08:43:26.795 am errorBad manifest for Follow Me. java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'betaLocation' on null object Please notify the package developer.

I began toying with using a 3rd FM child to cover receiving pushes when away. I was testing while home (tricked the presence sensor that I was away), and noticed that the message being sent was coming as both a push to the 3rd child, and to the last active child (which was a different presence sensor - the one that triggers if my laptop is on). I noticed in line 975 of zoneOffHandler that there were options there for contact sensors, motion sensors, or switches ...but not presence sensors. I wondered if this was resulting in FM not realizing that other child was no longer active, and if there should be an additional OR clause for state.presenceStatus == "present"?

Sorry - I know you prefer logs, but I don't have any this time. If you need to have them, I'll need some time to recreate.

1 Like

New version available...

2.4.4 - 03/09/22 - Adjustment to presenceStatus

1 Like

Thank you! I'll give my trial another shot today, and post back how it goes.

HPM didn't actually indicate an update available, but I had it check manually. Then it spit out this error message:

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bptworld/Hubitat/master/Apps/Follow%20Me/FM-child.groovy.

And this log:

I'll try just loading it from GitHub, but letting you know in case it could affect other users.

thanks, should be fixed now. Please try again

That took care of it (I hadn't gotten around to the GitHub approach yet anyhow). Thanks again.

1 Like

Hello, I just installed your application, I have followed everything to the letter, but when I send the audio loaded in my HE to alexa, it does not play anything, it does not work with echo speaks?

Hi,
It works fine with Echo speaks. You missed something. Some screenshots of how you set it up and a debug log might shed some light.

1 Like

I'll start with the first, it's well configured?

here the test to reproduce the sound I want

I had a similar problem. To solve the problem, I had to go into each device, initialize, configure, make sure I had enough motion events register to allow for a test to succeed, then run a test from the device again. Once I did this, things started working fine. Had to do this for each echo device.

Misbah

1 Like