[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

Driver around ln358 added
state.speakerMap = null
Clears the map and removes old child app references
Or renamed child apps

New version on GitHub...

Driver:
2.1.9 - 06/08/20 - Minor fix to clear Speaker Map - suggested by @mark.cockcroft. Thank you.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
Added more debug logging.

@BrunoVoeten, please give a try and if still having issue, submit a new log. Thanks

Still the same issue
app 2.0.2 - 04/27/20 - Cosmetic changes
child 2.2.1 - 06/11/20 - Added more debug logging
Driver 2.1.9 - 06/08/20 - Minor fix to clear

Time settings

log

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.2.2 - 06/11/20 - Fixed 'Quiet Time' and 'Time Restriction' when the time frame cross over midnight

Everyone that uses either of these options will need to go in and toggle the switch if the time frame cross over midnight.

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Cosmetic changes, hopefully making it easier to use.

@BorrisTheCat

From you screenshot it looks like the message your sending to Follow Me isn't reaching it. Message: null

Please show me how you are sending the message.

Thanks

It is from the welcome home app. Update and it gives the option to use follow me so I assume I select the follow me device? Any way that's it, so if you need more logs, I may need to turn on logging in that app?

Yes, turn on the debug log and try to send something to the follow me device. Thanks.

Bryan,

Is there a way to get Presence capability added to the message activation type?

Thanks,

Scott

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.2.4 - 06/13/20 - Added Presence Sensor to speaker triggers

1 Like
the app logs

depart

speaker

follow me

arrive

speaker

follow me

Appreciate the detailed posts but please compress the long posts (screenshots) by clicking the 'gear' icon and selecting 'Hide Details'. Makes it much easier for others to scroll by. :wink:

BTW, check the Home Tracker thread in 2 seconds...

2 Likes

Updated and the same.

arrive

Follow me

Update suggestion....would there be a way to make the "sound files" global rather than local to each child instance? I have a lot of GHs and when I change a file I have to change it on all of them.

• I also just moved my sound files into the new "local" storage and all is working well.
3 Likes

I could move them to the parent app, then they would be available in any child app.

Added to the list!

1 Like

Sweet, thanks! I don't want my request to override others....if maybe they are using different sound files for different speakers. I just happen to generally want the same file to play before certain announcements.

That's the beauty of writing my own code... I get to decide, lol This one I like! :wink:

3 Likes

Is it possible to change the colors that are used?

I have been playing with animated gif backgrounds on my dashboards and of course the one the misses likes does not play well with your red messages.

Food for thought - If future version could have color picker that would be sweet, and more of them. I like them as categories more then "priority". just thoughts thanks!

1 Like