[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

FYI, when you post logs, developers ask for screen shots rather than text grabs...the screen shots retain all colors/formatting of the logs and are much easier to read. Like this...Bryan trained me about that. :smiley:

If you can replace your logs posted in your message above w/screen shots that will be much easier for Bryan to help you.

Like below:

Summary

1 Like

Okay, I see the issue... now to fix it. :thinking:

New version...

3.1.0 - 06/02/21 - Added more options to Days condition, fixed issue with using 'or' between conditions

1 Like

Thanks for fixing the "or" issue, it was driving me nuts :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If you had asked this a little while ago, my answer would have been "Buttons!!" But you already did that. :slight_smile:

An "auto click the done button on all the COGs" when I update :grin:

2 Likes

For the cog below, is there a way to not have the lights not turn on if the door is already open when the time condition is met?

Is that a double negative!? So want the lights to come on if door is open when time is met?

Side Note: Looks like I forgot to add the 'just Condition' to the report. That'll be fixed in the next release.

Oops...it's intended to be a single-negative. :slight_smile: To wit:

• Door already open when time condition met: Do nothing
  • Door opens after time condition is met: Turn on light
1 Like

Ah, got it.

Flip the switch for 'use sunset/sunrise as a condition but not as a trigger'

Screenshot 2021-06-03 195658

1 Like

Although I see some of your points, I don't think this post belongs in the EE thread and would best be posted in it's own thread. I won't turn this thread into a 'Developer vs HE' debate. Please don't pursue this issue within the EE thread.

Bottom line, if you like my work - you are free to use it. If not - you are also free to not use it. Choice is good.

Thanks!

1 Like

As Bryan notes, this is well beyond EE in scope...I'd suggest the Lounge.

Good place for broarder speculative discussions like this.

I made my point then.

Post deleted.

Bryan, looks like adding that setting isn't working...lights still came on tonight when the door was already open and the time condition was met.

Deets:

Summary

Cog:

Setting:

Logs:

Sorry, I forgot about this... I take a look tonight.

1 Like

New version...

3.1.1 - 06/09/21 - Added iCal Event support

Simply copy and paste your iCal addresses, answer a couple of questions and automatically create Triggers from you Google Calendar events!

Thanks to @mark.cockcroft for the inspiration! If you haven't seen it, check out iCal Viewer that puts your iCal events on a tile.

From this idea, I started from the ground up and created a way to make triggers out of the data instead!

Consider this a beta at this point since I'm sure you guys will want more options! :rofl:

1 Like

Give this a try: 3.1.2 - 06/09/21 - Adjustment to sunsetSunriseMatchConditionOnly

1 Like

I am almost certain that it should be possible to trigger one Event Engine Cog from within another, but I am simply unable to find this. Any way you could point me in the right direction ?

What am I trying to achieve ? I want to use the BI integration to move my camera to a position and then take a screenshot. There doesnΒ΄t seem to be a way to accomplish this within a single Cog.

I have also in the past wanted to trigger Cogs from within Cogs.

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago and didn't get much of a response. I try again...

It seems to be possible within RM, even multiple rules.