[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Hello Bryan:
I wanted to ask a question (just starting to learn how to use this incredible tool).

I want to set a switch to turn on at a specific date & time, and turn off at a specific date & time. So I used the CRON builder (at the site that you referenced, thank you). I came up with the following:

Is it OK to have the Certain time portion and the Between two times portion blank?
(because the CRON builder comes up with a specific date/time.)

Those only display if selected from the sub-menu. If not needed/wanted, then unselect them from the sub-menu.

Thanks

I know you don't want to hear this but Piano light automation wasn't working right last night (on 2.3.9), light wouldn't go out when all devices were closed/locked. It was working previously and I hadn't changed anything.

Will see how 2.4.0 goes tonight...maybe my hub was feeling wonky. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checked my version of your piano light and every seems to be good. Looking forward to you reporting back.

(my piano light is better than your piano light! ... I don't even HAVE a piano, lol)

:grinning:

3 Likes

LOL

Dammit...foiled (and out-Piano-lighted) again...

Different than last night w/the previous version of the app, when the light came on and didn't go out. It didn't turn on tonight. Set the cog to run at 4:18 PM and left a door open/unlocked (Door Family Room Slider/Lock Family Room Slider) and the light didn't turn on . Tried opening and closing another door (Door Kitchen to Utility) and it didn't turn on.

Description:

Summary

are you sure these are not issues with 2.2.4 and not event engine.. when i briefly was on 2.2.4 many automations were failing .. rule machine, event engine and motion lighting while others worked fine.

Good question, as some people have had issues w/2.2.4, but 2.2.4 has been good to me.

My automations are running like a top...it's actually the fastest my hub has ever run automations, really great. I was one of the lucky ones who never really had any lasting issues w/2.2.4 builds...and as of 2.2.4.153 (w/the Z-Wave optimizations) things have been zooming. I'm on .156 now and my most troublesome Z-Wave device is now staying on the mesh, and when I enter a room or open a door the lights come on fast. Very happy...

2 Likes

@bptworld After updating yesterday, I noticed some errors in the logs for one of the cogs:
No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.sleep() is applicable for argument types: (null) values: [null]
Possible solutions: sleep(long), sleep(long, groovy.lang.Closure), grep(), grep(java.lang.Object), dump(), every()

error logs

Cog Description

Open up each Cog and make sure there is 'something' in the Special Action Option - Delay.

@danabw, I can't reproduce your issue. :man_shrugging:

I've tried:

• door unlocked and start time reached - Light comes on
  • lock door and light goes out
  • unlock door and light comes on
  • open door and light stays on
  • close door (unlocked) and light stays on
  • close door and lock, light goes out

This is what I'm testing with:

Thanks for checking! I'll look into what's not right on my end later. At mom's house right now and the holiday to-do list is this.......................................................................................................long. :wink:

1 Like

All cogs had a value.. some 100, some 250. I re-saved them all.

1 Like

New version on GitHub... Just so we are all on the same page.

2.4.1 - 12/04/20 - Minor changes

Wait, I'm still on 1.3.5...is that an issue?

:wink:

Bryan:

Hmmm...app appears to be locking up on me.

I decided to delete my existing piano light cog and start again. I started a new cog, set conditions for Contacts, Locks, and Between times as usual.

I Set the times, set to goes over midnight, set contacts (or) and locks (and), and then the the action as Switches.

I select the Dimmer option and as soon as I choose a dimmer, the spinner in the upper right-corner starts spinning and the cog is locked up. It's hard to see in this screen cap but the blue spinner is turning in the corner opposite "Event Engine Cog." It doesn't stop spinning. I finally used the "App List" link at the top of the cog, tried again and same result. The dimmer I'm choosing is fully functional, no issues I can turn it on and off from a Pico set up to control it, and from its Device page.

Let me know if you want me to try something else.

I just set up a brand new Cog just the way you explained and all went well. No issues.

For what it's worth, I'm on Beta 2.2.4.156 using a C-5

Looks like you walked into a mine field here...

1 Like

Odd...same FW, 2.2.4.156, but on C7. (I'm two C's taller than you!!) :wink:

I'll reboot and try again. If it doesn't work still does that mean I have to mail my other C7 to you!?!? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ha, and 4 ahead of my main hub... a C-3! Doesn't even have the HE logo on it, lol.

Almost purchased a C-7 but the Black Friday price never dipped below 100. :sunglasses: