[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Since I'm entirely unfamiliar with logic personally, I will likely just sit and stare w/awe. :wink:

1 Like

New version.

2.3.7 - 11/26/20 - Adjustments

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving!!

My blinds automation using sunset/sunrise worked perfectly! Both blinds shut just after sunset, and both opened up in the AM at sunrise so I came into a bright kitchen/family room this morning! Excellent! (Family thinks I am a genius again.)

Didn't have time to test it but not sure if the other automation (light on if motion and if switches are off and contacts are closed) worked. I'll see how it goes w/this new version.

Now take the rest of the day off and enjoy turkey day! :smiley:

1 Like

It's built in to each condition type...

Looks like I need to change the wording a bit. notifications would be better stated as actions. Will update and include in the next release.

1 Like

Thanks...so you mean that "Set Delay" means how long the switch/device must be in that state (continuously) before the cog is trigged. Correct? If so that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Yes, even says so in the app...
"All devices have to stay in state for the duration of the delay..."
:eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

Really, you expect me to read what's on screen right in front of me?!

Next thing you know you'll be asking me to think before I post.

Geez.

1 Like

Not after eating all that turkey!

1 Like

The other automation (below) didn't work when I came out this AM. Set to run 10 PM to 8:30 AM. I have it this way so that the automation doesn't run if one or more of us is already in the room watching TV or reading or whatever, and the light isn't wanted or needed.

I'll get some logs, hopefully later today.

Can you click on the little 'cog' and show me the ' Scheduled Jobs' section way down the bottom?

Wow...did not know all that stuff exists! :slight_smile:

1 Like

New version:
2.3.8 - 11/27/20 - Cosmetic adjustments and other enhancements

1 Like

My rules seem to have stopped working. It appears that the modeMatch is never checked or set when cog is triggered by switch event.

Try this:

2.3.9 - 11/30/20 - Bug fixes

1 Like

2.3.9 fixed it. thanks!

1 Like

Wait, what...you let other people use this app too!? There's more to your world than the piano light!?

:wink:

and he found something you didn't! Slacker, lol.

2 Likes

Oh BOY are you going to regret that... :wink:

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

2.4.0 - 12/03/20 - Code cleanup, added 'Switches In Sequence' Action

ie.

Still on the list. I really want this one too but need some help from the HE team. I've talked to Gopher (no need to tag him again) about adding some additional commands. He added it to his list, was hoping it would make the cut for this round of beta's but doesn't look like it will happen. I'll keep plugging away for a work around but it's a tough nut to crack! :crossed_fingers: :wink:

1 Like