[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Perhaps the app should be renamed to “Piano Light Engine”.

5 Likes

LOL. And I mean literally. Wife wants to know what's so funny...so hard to explain. :smiley:

3 Likes

@bptworld

I have an issue, and it is NOT about the piano light.

[Crowd goes wild, fireworks explode, a new day has dawned!] :wink:

Cog is to close my blinds when past sundown, open when sun-up. Only using the Time as a condition. I have a really long time after sundown condition currently as I wanted to test this when it was almost 3 hours after sundown.

Blinds are open, condition hits, and the blinds don't get closed, nothing happened.

Blinds info (this is after I closed them from the device page when the cog didn't work). They can accept either open/close, or on/off commands as a switch.

Cog description:

The dreaded logs:

Summary

UPDATE:

Oddly, the cog just ran again and opened the blinds for some reason. Should not do that until sunrise...

Logs:

Summary

do you have the crosses midnight option on, or is that only for times ?

That is not an option w/the Sunset to Sunrise condition - there's no "crosses midnight" option in the UI. Which makes sense, since sunset to sunrise always does. :slight_smile:

Got that part fixed (maybe).

As long as this doesn't cause the time to cross over midnight, it shouldn't be a problem. I added a warning in the app.

Not an option for this as it is assumed that midnight will fall between sunset to sunrise. App should automatically take care of it.

Not seeing what caused it to run, but fixed why they opened. (same fix as mentioned before)

Uploaded new version to test with, don't think it will fix all issues with this but need to start somewhere. :man_shrugging:

2.2.6 - 11/15/20 - Adjustments, clean up

1 Like

But I'm ready for you!

:eyes: :wink: :rofl:

3 Likes

I can run, but I (and my piano light) can't hide... :sunglasses::+1::partying_face:

Welcome to the dark side! :love_you_gesture::smile:

1 Like

2.2.6 appears to have opened the blinds as expected this AM - came out into the family room and they were open! Checked logs and they opened at 6:50 AM, which is what the cog says - act 30 minutes after sunrise!

You may have nailed it first try. I'll do some more testing and confirm. :smiley:

1 Like

Spoke a little too soon, @bptworld. Blinds didn't close 30 minutes after sunset as the cog was set. Sunset was at 4:47.

Logs:

Summary

I'm starting to worry that you are going to call them the "Piano Blinds." :wink:

1 Like

Sorry,

2.2.7 - 11/15/20 - Fixed typo

1 Like

You shouldn't say sorry, when you're doing all the cool stuff you do. :slight_smile:

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl!

4 Likes

@bptworld

Tried the new version a couple of times, but it closes the blinds as soon as I save the cog, even if the time to close them (sunset + 80) is later than the current time. Saved the cog at 6:04, and the delay after sunset was 80 minutes, so:

Sunset 4:46 PM
Cog setting: Sunset + 80 = 6:06 PM
Cog saved at 6:04 and immediately runs and closes the blinds. Did the same thing (ran and closed the blinds) when I saved the cog a few minutes earlier, around 6:02, it immediately closed the blinds.

Logs:

Summary

Let's try this...

2.2.8 - 11/15/20 - Cogs will no longer run automatically when saving. New option to 'Run Cog when Saving'

Bingo!

Blind did not close when I saved the cog, but did turn off later at the time I had set past sunset in the conditions.

Victory is yours, and we don't have to rename my blinds w/the name of the light that must not be spoken. :smiley:

1 Like

@bptworld

Shoot...blinds weren't open when I got up this AM.

I updated the cog settings serveral times this morning after sunrise delays long enough past sunrise that it would run and I could capture logs. But the cog is not running at all when the time is hit. So I'm not getting any logs...most recent attempt below. Sunrise was at 6:21 according to Hubitat, delay was set to 2 hours 45 minutes, so cog should have run at 9:06. But it didin't run. Same w/earlier times this morning that I've set.

All the logs I have for this morning since I've been trying this are below - ignore the cog name as I haven't updated it each time I've changed the after-sunset delay timing in the cog. All I get in logs is the one line that apppears when the cog should have run.

@bptworld - I have a second cog that also isn't running properly...turns on a light if there is motion between two times.

The light does not turn on. As usual, ingore the cog title, I didn't update it to reflect changing the run-time to current time, rather than 10PM.

Log-jam:

Summary

Interestingly enough, the cog is running when it shouldn't and only turning off the light. It's like it's not aware of the between times settings, but only executing the turn-off part of the cog.

Additional logs:

Summary

Sorry for the trouble.

No trouble. Hopefully I can look at this later today.

I think I found a bug while setting up a new cog.
It seems that permanent dim for "switches to turn off" doesn't work; it always just turns the (dimmer) switch off rather than dimming.

Debug log or it didn't happen. :wink:

2 Likes