[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

Logs

Changing permanentDim to permanentDim2 on line 2216 is my short-term fix.

I've temporarily changed all my cogs to use time rather than sunset/sunrise, settings - using "between times" settings they appear to work w/out issue.

And I hate to even bring this up, but I had some oddness w/my piano light cog last night that I'm going to do some testing with this AM. It might be related to another issue so I want to be sure before I mention "piano light" in front of @bptworld. Oops, I already did!! :wink:

@bptworld - some logs from this morning showing cog behavior. I wanted to have a "clean start" so I created a new cog using a different Sengled light (corner light) to test the door open/light on style cog. The light is not coming on. I rebooted my hub and retested and no change. Not sure what's up, if it's a "just me" issue or not. Glad you have a Sengled to test with... [eek]

Logs:

Summary

New version:

2.2.9 - 11/18/20 - Code clean up, added option for Only physical switch condition.

Sorry, I haven't had much time to work on this ... it definitely still needs testing. But found a couple of errors introduced while trying to add 'Only physical'.

Also, be sure to be on the latest HE release. They are fixing a lot of little things that may have effected other 'things'. :wink:

2 Likes

Quick test w/"piano light" type cog using corner light right next to me, to give you some data/feedback.

Please don't apologize for not letting this stuff run your life - your personal and professional stuff comes first, this after. :slight_smile:

Logs:

Summary

Hmm, I learnt something new again today :smiley:

1 Like

New version:

2.3.0 - 11/22/20 - From Time is NOT spelled fromtTime! Many other adjustments

Give this one a test and let me know how it goes!

(going back into my hole now :grin:)

1 Like

Ah, lovely, a hole for the holidays. I'm going to get one to hide in too. :wink:

New version:

2.3.1 - 11/22/20 - Progress with Sunset/Sunrise stuff!

Anything 'time' related should be opened and click 'done'

edit: 2.3.2 - 11/22/20 - More adjustments

1 Like

Cool...was about to ask about that. Will update and try again! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

new version broken.. rule not working probably because cannot save it..

You're a version behind. :wink:

funny i wasnt a version behind when i installed it a couple of hours ago as i got it directly from github as the install with package manager is not working (installing a 2nd version) and i don't feel like redoing all my cogs

No one can keep up w/@bptworld when he in the coding zone.

1 Like

@bptworld

Bryan, one thing that confuses me is the "Run cog when saving" option.

• Can you confirm in what instances we would enable that option - when would it be good/necessary to have the run run when saved?

Thanks!

This is useful if you want the devices to change state 'right now' based on the Cog settings. Example would be if something is suppose to be on between Sunset/Sunrise and it's already two hours after Sunset. Running the Cog on save would turn the device on. Otherwise it wouldn't trigger until the next Sunset.

2 Likes

The first half of a Sunset -> Sunrise automation to turn a switch off at sunset and then on at sunrise (which closes and opens some blinds) just ran on-time. Previous verisons of EE this automation wasn't working.

I'll confirm tomorrow AM if the Sunrise half of the automation runs in the AM to open the blinds.

Thanks for the updates!

1 Like

@bptworld Permanent dim for off switches is still not working in 2.3.2 (switch is turned off instead of dimmed). Would you like a PR?

Sorry, forgot about that one...

2.3.3 - 11/22/20 - Adjustments to Permanent Dim

2 Likes

@bptworld

Wait for it.... Please, just a sec...here it comes...

The Piano Light automation works!

3 Likes