[RELEASE] Eternal Sunshine (luminescence and dimmers)

I have an indoor Hue motion sensor and just took my brightest flashlight and shined it into it's illuminance sensor and it went up to 14,000+! :exploding_head: I'll put the max value for it as 15k. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But in my everyday use so far, this hue indoor sensor has reached maybe like 75 lux max. So I definitely am toning the curve down to match my use case.

EDIT: If anyone has a similar situation to mine and wants to try out my values I've stuck with this so far (will update if I change again).

a: 100
b: 3.7
c: 30

My Philips Wiz lights actually turn off at anything less then 10 dimming level, so these values will have the lights turn off around 50 lux as seen in the respective graph these values produce.

1 Like

I've disabled all logging, yet I'm still seeing some logging every minute.

I tried turning the logging back on and then off, in case it didn't save correctly, but no luck.
Is there additional logging I need to turn off? If so, where can I find that?

For more information, this only happens during the times when the app is unpaused and the controlled lights are off.

As I've got this app configured and working as I'd like, I'd like to be able to turn off all logging so that it doesn't clog up my logs in case I need to go back and look at some other app/device's logs. :slight_smile:

Looks like this particular event is occurring because another app is messing with the devices and this app wants exclusive control.

If you go into the app code open the app and comment out line 520 by putting // at the beginning of the line it will get rid of the log entries you posted.

// log.info "dimmers are off and managed by another app, $app.label will resume when they're turned back on keepDimmersOff = $keepDimmersOff"

Be sure you have this option checked though so the app can track the state of the dimmers if you kill the logging.

1 Like

Thank you! That's the option I already had enabled, which I believe was causing all of this logging to occur. Commenting out that line stopped the excess logging.

This has been corrected in the latest version. Thank you for letting me know. If your instance of the app is now running properly, no need to update the code at this moment as I didn't add any other modification than making this log.info line optional.

1 Like

Everything has been working great for me. One issue I have noticed. On the latest version my bulbs dim all the way down to 0. but seems like hue bulbs at 0 have a faint light to them and they don't turn off. I have an older version running lights in another room and this one actually turns the bulbs off completely. Any ideas?

Let me look into this. I'll add an off() command when dimmed to 0 so as to compensate for this kind of hardware. I'll let you know when done.

Wait, do you mean an older version of the same app Eternal Sunshine??? If so that's weird.
I've just pushed an update, let me know if that fixes the issue.

Yes. I'm still running a version I had been running in another room right before you added the logarithmic variations. I left it while I was figuring out the new settings for another group and never got around to updating it. Updating now.

Nevermind I turned off these dimmers are controlled by another app. Its is now working on this update. Ill see how it goes.

I see, I should have thought of telling you to check this option first, indeed. When this option is enabled, the dimmers will never turn off per se but stay at a level of 1 by default instead of turning off. Without this option, if your dimmers are controlled by a different app, they would turn back on and off all the time when.

Old version indeed! :slight_smile:

Is there a way to pause this app with a button, for example? I don't see a way to pause an app through Hubitat, so I think it may need to be programmed into the app itself, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: I'd personally be using the middle button on my Pico remote, so it'd be nice if the option was a toggle.

I've just updated the app with the requested capability. Since I have only single buttons, let me know if it works with yours.
Thank you.

Thanks for the quick update! Unfortunately, none of my buttons are populated in the list.

These are all the buttons that I see in the Motion and Mode Lighting app (just as an example):

This is a combination of my hue button, pico remotes, and scenes.

And once you select a device, you specify which button press you want it to use to activate that specific action (if it's just a 1 button device like the Hue Smart Button, you just put the number 1).

2 Likes

I meant like programming a button to pause an app. The app itself needs to be able to do this it seems. Like @elfege said, the app has button inside of it to pause itself, but I'm looking to be able to pause it with a physical button (i.e. without needing to have someone (e.g. my wife) go into the hubitat interface).

They probably just have the capability set to switch or something other than button.

1 Like

Looks like it's set to capability.doubleTapableButton on line 66. I changed it to capability.pushableButton and all my buttons populated!

I just dug into the documentation real quick, not sure how you can make it accept multiple button devices at once.

This post seems to imply that capability.pushableButton is the main implementation and that capability.doubleTapableButton can be added as an add-on

On that same line at the end of that line add the following

,multiple: true

1 Like