[RELEASE] Envisalink App & Driver for Vista/Ademco/Honeywell Alarm via smartthings-nodeproxy

Are you using then IP address and MAC address of your Pi for the app install?

$ ifconfig -a
eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.1.17  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.1.255
        inet6 fe80::5a7d:ee52:eafc:dee8  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether dc:a6:32:0b:0a:a5  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)

So from my example above: 192.168.1.17 and DCA6320B0AA5

Hello looking for help on unsupported method one. Just my luck I switch from wink, trying to do new and exciting things as a new Hubitat user. I read how Envisalink app is working great with DSC so I buy one and install it only to get the following error as soon as I click next after setting up the app

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method sort() on null object

after I've done several hubitat updates(not sure what is going on with that)

I'm pretty sure all the credentials are correct (user, user, master code and hopefully installers code)
I get a master device but no children, and in the app I get no zones at all but everything else I can set up..

I have no issues accessing Envisalink in the app, website or a direct local IP address access using the default user, user.

I have searched for the error above and found nothing.

any help at all would be appreciated

thanks

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
inet 192.168.86.50 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.86.255
inet6 fe80::4e4:1127:8560:b0b4 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20
ether dc:a6:32:d9:f5:33 txqueuelen 1000 (Ethernet

yup everything matches

man i finally got it. I removed my built docker then rebuilt and re ran and now it works. Thank god. Did you have a driver plugin for a water device. i see they had one for smartthings . is it an easy port over from smart things??

Great! It should be the same as a contact sensor.

Sorry I won’t be much help on the option 1. I need to take it off the list. Here is a thread that ha some DSC folks in in that might could help Envisalink Integration

Ok cool. Thanks for the info

I'm trying to set up option #1 with a DCS panel but having an issue. When I try to add the app I fill in my envisalink info on step 1 and when I click next I get the following error:

## Unexpected Error

#### An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check [Logs](https://hubitat.sar/logs) for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method sort() on null object

From the log:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sort() on null object on line 370 (zoneMapsPage)

Anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance.

Is that while trying to set up the various sensors? Or just get the basic integration working? I have a different panel and the integration of individual devices simply doesnt work, but the rest does.

It's right after the first page in the setup wizard where you select the alarm panel type and enter the IP, passwords and codes. The error occurs when I click "Next"

Does it still create the driver? And does the driver work?

It does create the driver, but I get the same error when I click the "Zones" button under Zone mapping, so I can't really tell if the driver is working. When I look at the device it does show this:
#### Current States

* switch : **off**
* tamper : **clear**
* tamperZone : **null**

Right. I never got the zones stuff to work. I can arm and disarm, read the status, etc., but I never was able to access the zone data. You can always set the alarm and see what the device reports!

Not sure what your use case is but if you can deal without the zone info you may be all set.

FYI I am using the vista 20 panel so someone else using the DSC panel may give you better info.

Hmm...I was really hoping to be able to monitor the door and motion sensors. Does option #2 support that? Thanks for the quick replies btw!

Alas no.

So...I removed the sort() function from line that was erroring...and I no longer get the error. I was able to add my zones and the virtual devices for the contact sensors are producing open/close events. :smiley:

Just change line 370 in the app code to:
getEnvisalinkDevice().getChildDevices().each{

@xbox442 - i noticed you were having the same issue as me. this should solve it for you too.

Well there ya go! I'm gonna go try the same thing.

Thanks for this - I have updated it in github/pkg manager.

1 Like

I made the changes to my installation and was able to add zones but they never seem to report status. Do they report even when the system is not armed? Different panel but if you have any suggestions throw 'em my way.

I forgot to mention that I did have to completely remove the app and reinstall it after I made the code change. I tried adding the zones before I removed it and they showed up but didn't have DNI's set. Once I reinstalled the app and re-added the zones they got DNI's and started working. My contact/motion sensors report status whether the alarm is armed or not (it's a DCS panel in case that matters).