[RELEASE] Enhanced Smart Plug Driver

I truly am not trying to be a 'fanboy'... Rather, I was trying to clarify the cost difference in the two platforms is really not the issue here. If Hubitat does not do what you need, then by all means you should try other options.

However, if you'd like to stick with Hubitat, this community will be an incredibly helpful resource in assisting you with getting things running smoothly.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Sincerely.

3 Likes

Let’s see, you made an off-color remark about being mislead, which itself is an incorrect statement. Then tried to back it with a straw man argument how you think Hubitat sucks and Home Assistant is better.

Then, when people try to help you and clarify the differences, you call them fanboys?

Seriously?

Don’t let the door hit ya where god split ya!

7 Likes

No i made a statement that i was mislead, and not by you.

Then i asked a legit question in my frustration.

in my frustration at the replies completely ignoring what i originally said i made a nasty remark. Which i instantly changed because i realized it was uncalled for...

However thanks for showing the exact issue with you guys that originally caused me to get upset!

Best of luck!

I understand where you are coming from. When I first changed over to Hubitat, I thought I had made a mistake. I had problems with devices from the first days of getting started. Luckily, there were people here that helped point me in the right direction (support included) and I was able to resolve my issues. It can be very frustrating and aggravating to find out after the fact that something you spent money on doesn't do what you thought it would. You do need to be careful with what you believe on any forum you frequent, this one included. I will say that there are a lot of very helpful people on here, much more so than with the previous platform I used. I never saw the plugs you are referring to at Lowes, and from what I have read, it seems they cheapened the product for the short lived (sorry, I'm assuming only since it seemed like the platform was in the throws of collapse when these were released) third generation devices. If they don't fit into your plans, sell them on Ebay and cut your losses. The gen 2 Iris plugs have a good reputation, report the information you are looking for, and are dirt cheap on Ebay. I personally have stuck with the 2018 Samsung plugs for power reporting and repeating, and Sylvania plugs for purely repeating and switch capabilities, mostly for aesthetics originally, but they have worked flawlessly for me. YMMV.

5 Likes

This was the entire cause of my frustration today, and my nasty remark about fanboys that i thought better of and believed i had removed before anyone saw it and was offended.

Hubitat says goto the forums for support, to learn what is/isnt compatible or supported, and raves about the community (which overall does seem pretty awesome)

When I find out the devices i got specifically because of another thread on the forums that listed them as high quality, gen2, and with power monitoring, in fact dont have the monitoring and are cheap low quality v3s, I feel I was understandably upset and frustrated. All the devices I had prior to hubitat are all working great through fully featured user drivers/custom firmware.

So I proceed to outline my frustration, ask if i am missing something as to the value of these versus HA on a PI especially cost wise, ( as just 3 weeks ago i grabbed a pi4 8gb complete with case power etc for $65 from an authorized reseller for another project, and have seen compatible generic radio chips for both radios for $5 each from china) and apologize for derailing the thread.

From that I get a informative reply from ogiewon which i really appreciated, thank you!

Then the next reply struck me wrong (doesnt matter why at all, I'm to blame)

Again I am sorry for the negative reactions and comments, and more so that anyone actually saw them before i could remove them.

For any who care i have decided to hang onto the hubitat, as aside from my frustration today i really do like it, but I will be adding a PI or *nix vm for extra features the hub cant supply natively.

Now to see if i can find someone who doesnt need power monitoring and is willing to pay the 10 each for these i did so i can get v2's. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are quite a few people on here, myself included, that have been burned on a HA purchase. Most recently with Peanut plugs that most of us thought were benign. Some of us suspected they were causing issues and found out that they were wreaking havoc on our zigbee mesh. Sell them and move on. What I love about this platform is the fact that you can get a rpi, or in my case, an older Windows 10 PC, and integrate other things like Homebridge into Hubitat. I'm not a programmer, so having a community with great programmers that are kind enough to share and maintain their creations is the real selling point for me.

Well, then, welcome to the community

5 Likes

Power is reported, but voltage and line frequency are not. I guess that the V1 Iris outlets do not support those functions. It was worth asking though. Thanks.

Are you sure? I have one here I got on clearance and it's never reported power. I guess I could have a defective one.

Are you using the Iris V1 Outlet driver? That is what I am using and it is reporting the power when it is turned on.

I The poster was referring to the iL03_1 which third generation Iris SmartPlug.

https://www.systronicsrf.com/devices/iris-smartplug-gen-3/index.html

Additionally, these SmartPlugs do not support the reporting of the energy consumption.

The driver you are using is for the AlertMe line or Iris products and is not compatible with that plug.

The V1 driver you are taking about is for this plug.

https://www.systronicsrf.com/devices/iris-smart-plug/index.html

That one reports energy.

Sorry, I thought you were replying to me. since you had quoted my message.

Yeah, I think the replies got tangled up a bit. ;). No worries.

@srwhite

I have a couple of the 3210-L plugs and only 1 is giving me an error on the Zibgee side and no response on the z-wave side (haven't checked others on the z-wave so far)

Here is the zigbee side error

I can turn outlet on/off and it appears to report power

Says z-wave is online yet testcommunications gives me this

Anything to worry about or do differently?
Tried resetting the plug by holding the button while plugging it in and even long enough to trip the relay...

Can I get the full set of steps to factory reset this and i'll start over?
Rick

Hi - I've discovered that devices using this driver cannot be fully deleted within hubitat. Specifically - I've used this driver with a Centralite plug and a couple Innr plugs. The driver functions well with the plugs. However, after deleting a couple devices that had this driver, I found the following: I use hubitat with home control assistant via Maker API. So I'm able to import the devices into home control assistant after setting them up in hubitat. The three deleted devices, which all used this driver, keep coming back into HCA as 'ghosts" - they aren't functional but they come back. Is there some kind of cache or trash bin in hubitat that for some reason this driver doesn't handle properly?
Thanks,

Hi, after the latest 2.2.3.119 update, I am starting to get a lot of these error messages from the zigbee side. ( have a lot of these 3210-L devices, so I get this message quite a bit in my logs. ) I assume it is still ok to ignore like mentioned earlier in this thread?

I seem to have a very slow hub after the update as well, so I don't know if this is related.

dev:4672020-08-17 01:04:03.919 pm warnDID NOT PARSE MESSAGE for description : catchall: 0000 8032 00 00 0040 00 1819 00 00 0000 00 00 00000A010924E40024E417F30024E40BC4000BC4A568010000A8190100009D2B010000000003000000000300000000030000

Just to answer my own question, I don't think this error was slowing my hub down, 2.2.3.119 seemed to do that just fine. I reverted back to 2.2.2.119 and all is back to normal from a performance perspective. I don't get as many of these catchall error messages, but still get some.

Hi @srwhite

I have been using your driver for the Smartthings GP-U999SJVLFGA for power monitoring my washer with great success.

I really like the Min/Max interval setting that keeps the outlet from spamming the hub, when my washer is running! :slight_smile:

But i have some left overs from a previous driver, that i initially loaded for the plug:

• And the plug is generating some errors in the log:

dev:1302020-10-29 10:34:08.096 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_shackrat_Iris_Smart_Plug_419.checkPresence() is applicable for argument types: () values: (checkPresence)

dev:1302020-10-29 10:18:57.074 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_shackrat_Iris_Smart_Plug_419.ping() is applicable for argument types: () values: Possible solutions: find(), print(java.lang.Object), print(java.io.PrintWriter), print(java.lang.Object), find(groovy.lang.Closure), run() (ping)

dev:1302020-10-29 10:08:26.104 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_shackrat_Iris_Smart_Plug_419.checkEventInterval() is applicable for argument types: () values: (checkEventInterval)

As i read earlier in this post, this could also be because i've had another driver loaded before yours.
How do i get this sorted out? Do i need to delete the device from HE and re-pair, or do you have another trick..? :slight_smile:

// Kenneth

Click on Configure.

Try temporarily switching to this Toolbox driver, resetting and clearing everything, reloading the webpage and then go back to the "Iris Smart Plug" driver.

2 Likes