[RELEASE] Device Watchdog

Fixed thanks.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.3.2 - 07/29/20 - Fixed typo with Battery

1 Like

I added some door locks (Schlage Z-Wave ones). When I add any of the 3 of them to the "Status Report Options" device list, the process blows up:

app:632020-07-29 11:41:06.646 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_BPTWorld_Device_Watchdog_Child_100.$() is applicable for argument types: (user_app_BPTWorld_Device_Watchdog_Child_100$_myStatusHandler_closure15$_closure69) values: [user_app_BPTWorld_Device_Watchdog_Child_100$_myStatusHandler_closure15$_closure69@10ab83d] Possible solutions: is(java.lang.Object), run(), run(), any(), any(groovy.lang.Closure), use([Ljava.lang.Object;) on line 1056 (activityHandler)

dev:872020-07-29 11:41:06.307 pm debugstatusDevice - has 977 Characters

dev:872020-07-29 11:41:06.304 pm debugIn Device Watchdog Tile - Received new Status data!

For example, one has the following information:

• deviceType: 25419
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
  • deviceId: 20556
  • S2: 128
  • manufacturer: 59

Please turn the debug logging on and add one again, post a screenshot of the log...not just the error.

Perfect, thanks.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
2.3.3 - 08/02/20 - Fixed typo with locks

Wow! Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

It def works better now!

I'm just getting started with this Hubitat stuff--moving like 50-60 things over from ADT Pulse--pretty stoked. :slight_smile:

Should button "Clear States" clear all the states?
Nothing happened when I clicked it.
bpt-watchdogStatus1 still has old statuses.

If you scroll down you will see a section titled, 'State Variables'. This is what the button 'Clear States' clears. You will need to reload the page to see the effects.

The column on the right labeled, 'Current States'. Is actually 'Attributes'. The attribute bpt-watchdogStatus1 will over write every time a new report is run.

Hope this helps.

Ok I see..
So is it possible to clear Attributes table on the right?
I would like to clear bpt-watchdogStatus1.

You would have to change your setting so the report has no data to display.

I turned off status reports. See below

I am new to your apps and I am trying to setup for Battery Reports. A virtual device to store the Tile data was automatically created. In the next step it asks for a virtual device to send the data to.....Do I setup another virtual device for this.?.....If so what should the device type be? ....Other than this forum are there any docs I should be looking at?

Thank you

The device that you have just created is the device you send the data to.
If you already had a device created you could have not created a device and select the device that was already created.
It's just giving you the option.

2 Likes

Got it.....makes sense.....Thank you for the help!

1 Like

Im new to HE and probably set this up wrong but would appreciate any help. I just installed the watchdog and configured battery reporting. I think its standard with everything vanilla. Im seeing this error in the log file so suspect I did something basic/wrong.

dev:1472020-09-25 11:21:20.352 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 123 (sendWatchdogActivityMap)

dev:1472020-09-25 11:21:20.332 pm debugIn Device Watchdog Tile - Received new Activity data!

dev:1472020-09-25 11:21:14.521 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 123 (sendWatchdogActivityMap)

dev:1472020-09-25 11:21:14.505 pm debugIn Device Watchdog Tile - Received new Activity data!

dev:1472020-09-25 11:19:58.023 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 169 (sendWatchdogBatteryMap)

dev:1472020-09-25 11:19:57.977 pm debugIn Device Watchdog Tile - Received new Battery data!

Welcome to HE

Would need to see how you have it setup.

Also, please see post #1 on how to post debug logs. :wink:

Thanks

In another topic, I see the following post. I have no idea how to create this report with Device Watchdog. Please help. Thank you.

1 Like

For that report, you would need to use "Hub Watchdog" instead of "Device Watchdog" :wink:

1 Like

Tile is working perfectly in Hubitat Dashboard but when I try to add the tile in Sharptools it looks like this. I tried to search through the thread to find the answer and it may alrady be in

here but I couldnt find it.

Any help would be appreciated I may just have something not right on the sharptools side.

Thank you

SharpTools doesn't support the display of arbitrary HTML for security reasons.

Is there an option to output a text-only version of the summary?

1 Like