[Release] Device Data Item Display

My bad, yes, you are right.

1 Like

Let me look at it, but it shouldn't be too hard to add the states in also.

3 Likes

I feel bad that I wasn't a part of the whining (aka whinging for the UK folks) about adding State Variables support. It's like I've let you down... :wink:

3 Likes

Repushed v1.1.0. Do a repair if you don’t get the update option from HPM.

1 Like

I don’t know of any app that allows editing of device data? Does anyone?

If not would it be possible to include such an ability within this app? Maybe restricted to when only one device is selected although I can see uses for updating multiple devices simultaneously but whilst powerful that’s quite dangerous too.

Users of my MQTT app would find this most useful. Although I do have a data field editor within my app and the latest version is much improved it’s still not the neatest of apps.

The app that led to the creation of this one was

1 Like

My Custom Device Note App version is at 1.0.3 and looks like your pic. However, my Device Data Display App is at version 1.1.0.

Are you posting for the wrong app?

Yup...talking to wife and updating apps and posting and watching TV at the same time is evidently an Olympic event I should not attempt.

Please ignore the guy behind the curtain, he is just confused. :wink:

2 Likes

LOL. Well to be perfectly honest, you seem to be on top of it with this stuff. So I have also done repairs and uninstalls based on your posts trying to get 1.0.3 too :joy: :joy: :joy:

Then the light bulb went off and I saw the gremlin.......

3 Likes

Oops! Apologies for the confusion, but I hope that you learned a lesson about taking my "on-toppedness" too seriously. My wife never does that (take me seriously). :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@jtp10181
v1.2.0 adds the option to pull in State Data

3 Likes

I'll wait on @danabw to chime in here first :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

That's a nice addition.

2 Likes

Would you consider exporting the data to a JSON file? Can't say I will use it just yet, but maybe... Thinking it could be useful to more easily migrate apps between hubs, helping map the devices automatically, including rules and dashboards (eventually).

It already does that. At least I think this is what you are talking about.

2 Likes

Think he wants it to write to a Hub local file

1 Like

Cool, that's what I was after. Should have installed it before I asked :slight_smile:

That's true, a slight difference.

1 Like

I probably wouldn't do anything just yet, at least for me, I can test out what I want to use the JSON for, if I decide to, then can look at storing it locally if it works for me.

Best/funniest zinger of the week, I'll warrant. Caused a small spit-take of coffee onto my keyboard this morning. Should have seen my poor little dog jump when some of it hit her sitting next to me. [eek!] :slight_smile:

@thebearmay - cool updates, thanks for the work on this app, it's growing from superhero sidekick to Custom Device Note, to standalone superhero w/option for its own separate series. :smiley:

3 Likes

@sburke781
v1.2.1 - adds save JSON to Hub FileManager

2 Likes