[RELEASE] Auto Lock

Still got the error...

Hmm, let me think about this one for a minute.

ok, cool, I will grab a bite to eat, my oven timer just went off, lol

This might be failing if multiple smoke detectors are selected. If that's the case I may just need to iterate each instance.

yeah? I do have multiple detectors...

Try this one.

https://pastebin.com/raw/Mv3JQ4bW

Inputs with multiple true is tricky.

Well your half way there, lol. the open and close door error is gone!!! The lock and unlock error is still happening.

wait a second...the lock error only happens when the door is open

https://pastebin.com/raw/d3KrkGuv

Turbo coding mode... What ya got next lol.

Bahaha, indeed. Wow, now it's working great. Something I just noticed that my lock didn't do before... I tried to lock it with the door open and it automatically unlocked it again...Bolt Strike Protection I presume. maybe i had an issue with my detectors (all i did today was replace two zwave ones with two zwave plus) all along preventing the app from working correctly?

Could have caused the logic to go all wonky. with it throwing errors in the middle of the methods.

I mean to say the old SMOKE detectors were zwave, and new ones are Zwave plus. The door detectors/ sensors are the same.

yes true, you certainly know your Auto Lock app coding, that was fast. Thanks so much!! Do you have other apps / drivers that you developed?

Bathroom Humidity Fan is another. I support several drivers users have asked for help with.

Nice, that's a great thing to do. I love the tech, but unfortunately am not a developer or coder. So when trouble arises I depend on good folks like yourself.

Funny thing is, I'm not a developer either. I just am OCD about certain things and the way I want them done. When there isn't a readily available option I just make one myself with whatever it is. Maybe a new sensor, an app, a driver, whatever. The cool thing about software is anything is possible... I just roll my eyes when I hear people say it can't be done. There was this lady that walks her dog by my house every morning and doesn't clean up after it. It loved taking a dump right next to my truck door so I had something squishy to step in every morning. I setup some facial recognition and when it sees her now it turns on my sprinklers. She walks on the other side of the street now.

6 Likes

I agree, I still have a few issues with some drivers on the platform, but there are workarounds.

Hahahaah, what a great use of the tech, now that's frigin' smart!!!!

She thought maybe they were motion activated so she sent her son out to walk in front of the house while she stood in my neighbors driveway and nothing happened. So she thought maybe it was safe. Two steps further into the camera's sight they turned on. I have em turn on for the HOA people too. They love leaving fines when my son takes too long to bring in the trashcans.

2 Likes

Bahahahah, that would make a great Youtube video!

Kids are up from their nap. Take care!

1 Like