Wot in tarnation
ROOTIN' TOOTIN' SELF-REBOOTIN'
For use in the Wild West of home automation development.
This app will reboot your hub when a 500 error occurs
You MUST edit the section between lines 41 and 45 before you use this. I can't make these settings, because it takes away the reliability of the app.
If your app goes beyond the limit set in your bootLoop settings, you must uninstall and reinstall the app to make it work again. >0.95 resets this counter after a successful boot, so this is more of a last-ditch fix than anything.
I'd noticed that certain events would still fire, even when my hub DB was unreachable. This app (ab)uses that feature and adds onto it.
- Your hub must be on a locally static IP/Address.
- You cannot use this as a permanent fix for your hub. If you can fix it, you should fix it.
That's it! If it works for you, let me know. If it doesn't work for you, let me know (as always). Share this with others who are getting 500 errors.
@codahq for the bigger changes in this version:
- Fixed an issue with cookie refresh
- Changed a potential issue with CRON
- Allows multiple maintenance windows
- Fixes the hard-coded IP glitch