[Release] [500 Error Self-Healing] Rootin' Tootin' Self-Rebootin' (0.96)

Thank you for doing this. First time I installed I got the looping issues as described - after upgrading to the latest - all seems well. Of course things have been running smoothly so no reboots yet.

I also created a rule that notifies me on hub startup. That way I get immediate feedback if it reboots.

1 Like

Let me know how it works :slight_smile: For me, the latest version has been working normally.
I also had to add an iris v2 smart plug to my c-4 hub to detect when it red-light crashes. My c-5 hub then turns the switch off and on to reboot the hub.

All of this has been keeping things running stably at home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do!

I have to say since I installed your app I have had 0 reboots and no lockups on my slowness prone main hub.. amazing haha. So maybe the recent HE firmware updates have had something to do with it but still... :cowboy_hat_face::+1:

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give a quick heads up that I’ll be traveling for the next couple weeks, and won’t be looking at the forums or doing any active development/research during that time. :slight_smile:

I’ll do my best to get caught up again once I get back. Lots of fun ideas in the pipeline.

1 Like

Have fun wherever you're going!

1 Like

I hear Louisiana is lovely this time of the year.

:wink:

1 Like

Weather's pleasant. And a great time for oysters.

Thanks for sharing this, Adam. I finally got around to installing it on my hub. Now to figure out why the hub keeps melting down in the first place...

Glad to hear it! I’ve been gone for the last week (I’ll be out for a few days still, but hopped on to see what I’d missed).

I might have a way to improve this even more. Lots of time to think about it :slight_smile:

I’ve been hoping to figure out why my hub has been having issues, too. I actually swapped everything I could to a local SmartThings (gasp) before I left. The local portion of that works surprisingly well.

1 Like

Hi all!

Just a quick update. I've re-thought the app over the last couple weeks---I'm still testing the new methodology to see if a DB is still alive.

Just kidding about this part

Also. I've been able to store the login credential cookie. I'm still working through sending it. :slight_smile:
If anyone in the community, or on staff, has an idea of how to properly transmit that via asyncHTTPPost, I'd be all ears and would be happy to share what I have so far.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I post that, I figure out what I was doing wrong.

HTTP Cookies are working. @aaiyar --- Thank you for your work to get everything to this point! I'll release the next version once I can get more testing done.

2 Likes

0.94 is out! I'm not sure why the previous version was mislabeled as 0.94, but this is the real 0.94!

Changes:

• Updated timecheck
  • Added variablity for initialization delay
  • Added cookie storage/hub login support
  • Boot loop limiter resets automatically after a successful boot
  • New testing methodology (uses time-checks. If the hub takes too long to respond, it reboots)

>>>Read this<<<

You MUST edit the section between lines 54 and 98 before you use this. I can't make these settings, because it takes away the reliability of the app.
You must edit your hub IP, username, and password if you use them.

If your hub does not use a login, uncomment line 71 and comment lines 75 and 85

Tagging @anon61068208 and @aaiyar since I know you were interested in this featureset :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The link to the code was in post 1 a minute ago and now its gone. :thinking:

Pranked ya! :crazy_face:

It's back now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Circadian what?

Circadian-rhythm-clearly-i-didn't-get-enough-sleep :laughing:

2 Likes

Just thought I would give this a try and I must be missing something because when I tried to define the driver there is no window to put it in.

Oh—the device test isn’t even implemented in this version—you’re not missing anything. I’m not sure where that text string got left in, but I’ll take a look. It shouldn’t impact anything.

OK thanks. I assume I can delete the virtual device?

Looks to be running OK from the logs.

1 Like

You sure can :slight_smile:

Everything looks like it’s working normally—let me know if you get a 500 error without a reboot. :slight_smile: