Release 2.2.8 issues

Thanks. On another note - and I'm sure you have already said it...

Is it possible to export Rule 4.0/4.1 rules then import them into Rule 5.0?

No.

Where do I find Wait for Elapsed Time? I can't seem to find it anywhere.... Unless I am overlooking it.

Wait for Events

Thanks Bruce.

Hi @bravenel

I think this is expected behaviour because of DST but it isn’t what I expected at first.

I create a local time variable without a start date and add a connector

Then use that as a RM5 trigger

And it triggers an hour earlier than the trigger time

My assumption is the trigger is set up with a non-DST default time so wrt to DST it triggers an hour earlier.

Specifying the start date makes it work as expected for me.

Edit.

I guess all I had to do was look at the scheduled jobs to verify instead of looking at the logs.

No, this isn't right. We introduced some bug wrt time variables, and are sorting it out.

HaHa, I have a personal difficulty debugging this stuff because where I live there is NO DST at all, ever.

2 Likes

Thanks Bruce

I WISH I lived in a location without DST !!

They keep talking about it but nothing has happened yet. If NY moves to kill it than I think Ontario and Quebec will follow. But we are Canadians … that’s all we do is follow.

1 Like

But Canadians follow extremely well. :smiley:

2 Likes

That's what I've heard as well.
If all 3 agree to get rid of that silly practice, it will go ahead.

1 Like

Just googled. Seems to have quieted down.

Latest news I found was from March

It's only talked / thought about around the time it changes, then forgotten until next time. It's like us, we had bugs about DST every time it changed, but debugging right after is a bit of the horse having left the barn. Even with no DST here in Arizona, we have to deal with everyone's confusion about what timezone are we in, Mountain (MST year round, but not MDT) or Pacific (while PDT).

3 Likes

There are multiple states here in the west that want to stay on DST rather than going back and forth. But it requires Congress to allow it. Even with a push from a couple of Senators to get things moving, so far that hasn't happened.

2 Likes

I think I may have missed something somewhere so not sure this is an issue but here goes.
When writing rules and writing the current time (%now%) to a string variable, we had options as to what format time was displayed in variables etc.
It was a drop down box with some of the following.
hh:mm
hh:mm:ss
hh:mm (24hr)
hh:mm:ss (24hr)
I cannot for the life of me find it anymore.
Has this been taken away?
Any pointers? Please!!

It shows up on the Actions page once you actually have %now% or %time% in an action.

Thanks Bruce.
I know I did see it OK but still cannot seem to see it.
First I define a local variable.
I then set the local variable to %now%.

Summary

Then I would expect to see it on the actions page. But it doesn't appear to be there. I know it was as I've used it but I cannot seem to get it on new rules. I'm on .143 btw.

Summary

Could it be because I'm setting a local variable to a system var?

Refresh the page. The method that renders the list of actions at the top of the page sets the flag for this to show up, but it doesn't refresh the page. Also, the Refresh button on the apps page does something else entirely (rebuilds that list), and won't set the flag. Worst case, add a dummy action and remove it. Once the flag is set, it stays set.

I will make that more reliable.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce.
Managed to get it to appear by sending %now% as a pushover notification. :+1:
Log %now% also works.

@bravenel

Hi Bruce, many months ago we talked about having the ability to rename variables and you said it was a “no go”. Actually it wasn’t me, you had the conversation with somebody else.

Just wondering if this still holds true with the new HUB variables or not. I expect it does but I thought I would ask.

There is no way to change the name of any variables.

1 Like