Release 2.2.8 issues

Lol you have told me that before and then pulled a rabbit out.

Just kidding. Understood.

Hi @bravenel
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but since the last update I have had 2 rules that use a predicate of lux below a certain value, fail.
The rules show as true in the predicate section but they do not run when a trigger happens.
If I delete the predicate, the rule will then run when a trigger happens.
Here is one rule that behaves like this.

Summary

1 Like

I need to see logs for this, if you can. Also need to see the Event Subscriptions from App Status page.

And, it works for me...

Here is what I have.
Rule.

Summary

Logs when the value of Avg Lux changes.

Summary

Event subcriptions.

Summary

The Avg All illuminance sensor is using a cobra's average all app to get an average of 2 illuminance sensors. Not sure if this is the issue.
As said before, if I delete the predicate condition, everything is good.

OK. This is a known bug, and the fix is in....

4 Likes

Thanks Bruce. :+1:

1 Like

Can confirm the issue has been fixed in .152. Thanks again.

1 Like

When viewing the Current or Past logs with a device selected at the top to filter it by, and then you use the search feature at the top right, the search is returning results for all devices instead. It would help to be able to search only within the selected device filter, but the device filter seems to be ignored when using the search feature.

One tiny issue:

When you're on the device edit page, the name of the device at the top will disappear if you get to that page via your browser forward or back buttons. This is on Firefox v88.

Since upgrading to Release 2.2.8 Z-Wave has become unstable for my hub. There are very long delays sending or responding to commands, or commands just go to the ether. Its only Z-Wave - something like a Zigbee motion sensor turning on a Hue bulb works great, but a sensor activating a Z-Wave switch, or a button push activating a Z-Wave scene is pretty useless.

I have so far over several days tried multiple Z-Wave repair operations (Many devices fail detection during repair), disable/enable Z-Wave with a 30 second wait, and rebooting the Elevation Hub, all no success.

Most all rules are RM 4.X. No RM 5.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any further steps I might take ? I have around 50 Z-Wave devices, mostly Inovelli switches/dimmers with a few locks and 2 repeaters.

Thanks

Have you tried shutting down the hub, removing power for a minute, and then booting it back up?

3 Likes

It's the power removal step that actually allows the ZWave radio to be reset.

4 Likes

The shutdown and power-removal worked! Thanks for the prompt response.

4 Likes

I have confirmed this, as well. However, I notice in my logs that when this circumstance arises the log entry says, "Predicate Continues True", even when it is, in fact, false.

I'm sorry, when what circumstance arises?

Ah, your Vulcan mind meld hat must be broken today :smiley:

Yeah, in this circumstance I'm at a loss.

1 Like

When the predicate conditions go false during the execution of the rule. I attached a photo of my rule and a photo of the log.

In this case, the repeat is going to keep on going irrespective of the predicate condition going false. Predicate Conditions only stop the rule from triggering, not from continuing to run. I'm not sure where that particular log message is coming from.

Why do you want to turn the lights on 10 times in a row?

1 Like

Not addressing your actual problem but the way you have written your predicate conditions, it will only be true when the Theatre Lights are off.

I believe Disable Theatre Lights Automation will be ignored.