Recommendation on a 4+ buttons remote/switch

Hello!

I got two Ikea Styrbar to work as multi function remotes, one is working just fine, but the other one doesn't do a thing once paired (no event/log happen). So I'm in the market for a multi button remote (4 or more would be ideal, hold/release support appreciated).
Can be either Zigbee or Zwave, I also have a Lutron Hub, but unfortunately it's not a Pro. Any suggestion? Canada sourcing gets bonus points, I see a few options on Amazon US (https://www.amazon.com/Z-Wave-Remote-Switch-Controller-Button/dp/B09BQKD5FQ for instance), but the Canadian store is desperately lacking...). At this point, I'll even take an AliExpress link :smiley:

The alternative is to get the Lutron Pro hub, but it's likely I'll need a repeater which is starting to add up just for a remote or two :wink:

Thanks!

Why do you think you would need a repeater? I have Pico remotes that work an amazing distance from the Lutron hub.

I am very happy with 8-Button ZRC-90US (BW8510US).

Thanks, I spotted that one, but it looks quite fat, not too compliant with "do whatever you want as long as it's discreet and I can pretend we have a normal home" I get whenever I look at getting more stuff :wink:

Is it better than Zigbee? Like I can see that I'm at the far end of the hub range for Zigbee devices.
It's not that far in the end, but multiple walls in between, and the hub itself is in a wall cavity with a bunch of electrical around it...

My hub is on one floor in a corner with a bunch of electrical stuff around it. Remotes are outside, through a brick wall and exterior wall, one upstairs also through a brick wall, floor, and wall. Another two are also outside (I use them for lock keypads), through same brick wall, 2 interior walls, and exterior wall. Furthest is at least 50 feet (15.25 meters) away. No issues, batteries last forever. You could get one and test it before buying the PRO version.

Damn that sounds like quite some good range ::
And they do look sleek... Might be a good option indeed. I'm still open to other suggestions, but thanks for the range tip, appreciated!

The Opple buttons work great, once they decide to pair with the hub, and come in 3 styles.
2, 4 or 6 buttons and up to 24 actions using the custom driver (also on HPM).
Just seriously be prepared to spend anywhere from 30 seconds to 20 (?) minutes doing the pairing - reset - pairing dance with these.
But, for under $20CDN, I have some and they're really nice. :grin:
4 button: ordered on Nov 9 delivered Nov 24.

Review thread.

1 Like

I have this and it works nice depending on where you want it. It is water resistant as well and has a magnet on the back. I mounted a washer on the headboard of the bed to stick it on to use for the lights and fan.

Interesting option, thanks!!

I was going to "complain" this is a US only store, but then they link to a store in Canada I didn't know about, which has this one: Aeotec ZWA003-A NanoMote Quad – Home Tech Solution, so thanks as well :slight_smile:

Lutron Pico's

I like that Aeotec one. The only complaint about the Nodon I have is there is no tactile difference between the buttons so in the dark you are not really sure what you are pushing. I see the Aeotec has little nubs on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.