Recommend a good zigbee button device?

I have a Remotec ZRC-90 but in my quest to remove all things zwave, this fantastic button controller must be sacrificed.

Any recommendations for a good Multu-button Zigbee device? @mike.maxwell? Anyone?

I've been using the Samsung zigbee buttons for over a year and found them reliable with long battery life.

2 Likes

I've been using one of these for a while with no issues.
There is a community driver for it.

I also have a ZRC-90 and have been looking for a zigbee equivalent (I keep having issues with my zwave network ceasing to work on my hub regularly) but haven't been able to find anything that is a like for like replacement.

Thanks @an39511. I have a few of these myself and like them as well. What I need though, is a Multi button device..preferably 4+ buttons.

5 button Pico remotes work very well...:wink:

(But not Zigbee)

2 Likes

Never considered the obvious. I need this device to control a few separate groups of lights and I always thinks of picos as designed to control one device (with dimming buttons). I forget that there are other types of picos that have 4 equivalent buttons. Still curious about zigbee options though. It's surprising that no one has made a multi button zigbee device...except Hue of course...but I'm not a fan that it's aesthetics.

Did I imagine a 4 button pico remote (buttons of equal size)?
I could have sworn there was one a few years ago but I cant find it on Lutron's site or Amazon.

The PJ2-4B? Is that compatible with Caseta? This page has a 4-button but I guess the Caseta version is just the standard lighting control?

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/Components/PicoWirelessController/Models.aspx

I guess these are the ones that @Eric.C.Miller was talking about - hard to find..

Eria is a great Zigbee device.
Only, it doesn't report battery levels.
https://www.amazon.ca/AduroSmart-ERIA-Wireless-Dimming-Controlled/dp/B07HJJBL5X/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=zigbee+Adurosmart&qid=1580353999&sr=8-3

1 Like

I have a Sylvania 74099 4 button switch (does push, hold and released ) which has been "pretty" reliable. Only issue the wife has is it's easy to hold the button too long and get a HOLD instead of PUSH. I guess I could probably handle that in HE....never thought about it.

1 Like

That's the one. Danke.

I second the AduroSmart ERIA device. I have three of them and while they were a bit tricky at first, they have been rock solid. I use two of them in the living room to control the lights on a ceiling fan and one in the master bedroom to do likewise.

One of the ones in the living room is the master and the other is set up to do a virtual button push on the first one. Logically, it seemed similar to setting up a three-way switch, but no wires are needed. The down side is that battery levels are not reported, but that does not seem to be much of an issue. I've had them nearly a year and the batteries seem to be holding up well.

I tried the Sylvania Lightify 74099 buttons but they were giving me trouble so they got returned and I purchased the ERIA ones instead.

What's the type this AduroSmart ERIA on He ? It can directly connect to HE hub or need a PRO bridge like a pico remote ?

Direct connection, no bridge required.

1 Like

If you're near a home depot, you can get the ecosmart 4 button remote. They're on clearance at certain HD stores for 2.88 now, bulb & 4 button remote. Use brickseek to locate stock
https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=310288335
I'm using mine on ST via hubconnect

1 Like

I think these are a pretty good alternative to Picos. They mount in a similar way, they fit into a normal Decora plate. They have native drivers in Hubitat.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I will check out all the suggestions.

Phillips Hue dimmers work well connected directly to Hubitat.

I also had Remotec ZRC-90 zwave remotes and got rid of them when I went totally Zigbee.

2 Likes

I'm not a huge fan of the Eria mentioned above. I guess if you're controlling four separate devices and only using "pushed," it's not bad and isn't too expensive. Trying to use it instead of a Pico or similar to control one light including "held" and "released" events is not my favorite, though--the "held" event takes forever to register. It also doesn't ever "check in" unless you press buttons, so Device Watchdog and the like are not useful here, and there is no battery reporting, so when it dies, you might not know why (or if it did--there's also this thing where it takes a few seconds to register a press if it hasn't been used in a while for some people, possibly related to what repeaters you have). Gluing 4 ST buttons together would not be that crazy of a suggestion in comparison, if you ask me. :slight_smile:

That being said, it looks like you might be headed down the Pico route instead--a great idea if you already have Lutron. The (real) 4-button Picos tend to be a bit more expensive for whatever reason, but I have one controlling four different things and printed custom P-Touch labels so I know what's what. No complaints on that. Just wanted to give you my experience otherwise!

1 Like

Yeah...need to find a good source, but I plan to purchase the 4 button pico. I had my Remotec installed with pictures of what each button controlled. The pushed/held/doubleTap did different things for each device/group. Really wish there was a zigbee equivalent because I love this remote.