[RE-RELEASE] EcoWitt and Wittboy Weather Stations And Sensors (Local)

The update seems to have gone ok for me, @825d60685b34c4f304ab, I've continued to receive updates without any errors in the logs.

Hi @JustinL,

My gut feel is this won't be that difficult, but may take me a little while to get my head around each of the points in the code that need to be updated. There's just a handful of spots that need information filled out for the sensor and then interpret the readings coming in. If you or anyone else is keen to take a look I'm happy to take a Pull Request for changes to the code, or I can take a look when I get a chance.

Simon

1 Like

Just sent you a pull request.

1 Like

Nice work. At a glance it looks ok. If you can run the code for a couple of days, I will as well, then I'd be happy to include it. If you need a hand to update the drivers on your hub let me know and I can give you a hand.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm running the updated code on my hub now. It pulled in my wetness sensor and is running smoothly so far. Will report back if any issues arise with it.

1 Like

I'll update (later) this morning.

dont update if you are remote 3 of my updates eventually went offline.. one i was able to unplug and plug it in.. the other two are remote and now permanently offline ...mffers

That's a pain. So would a controllable USB port to cut and re-establish power be useful in that case?

Ya can't find one. I am in the process of replacing the outlet its plugged into here with a zwave one . Not zigbee as worried it may interfere with the wifi the device uses. Anyone know what freq it communicates with sensors on?

They tend to quote it on most product listings... I expect yours are running on 915 MHz.

RF Frequency : 433 MHz ( Please Note : The products sold on Amazon.com.au are 433 MHz; The products sold on Amazon.com/Amazon.ca are all 915 MHz; The products sold on Amazon.co.uk/Amazon.de are 868 MHz.

1 Like

FYI, I have 2 zigbee coordinators, and three other powered zigbee devices within 3 feet of my GW1100. It’s never dropped off the WiFi network.

1 Like

Ya sensors at least in us could slso.interfere with zwave.

anhone know of an outlet either zigbee or zwave with a usb port that can be controlled

What if you used a charging adaptor like you might use for a phone or tablet where the charging cable is a USB cable, then just use a smart plug, if that makes sense...

You can still find these on eBay:

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Z-Wave-Smart-Repeater-Ports/dp/B076HZG5HR

The USB port is also z-wave controlled.

1 Like

Thanks have that one already . Two problems ..
Wont fit inside the bix.i jave yo protect the device from my wife's chair and the usb ports are not controllable.

Not just retested mine to confirm. Both usb ports always in regardless of switch state.

I.know the desc says the usb ports go.off but not on mine. Maybe i need a fw update.

1 Like

They do go off on mine. I have the Monoprice version. Do you have that one or the Zooz version? The USB ports don't go off with the firmware that Zooz uses.

I have older minoprice . Will get another out of box in basement and test.

1 Like

Mine is on firmware version 1.5 - if that helps any.