Pushover Notifications: Set Message Priority ...?

Hi,

Is there a way to set the pushover message priority in webCoRE when I want to send a device or push notification? Thanks in advance for the help...

@salieri

Not with the built in driver but if you use this pushover driver you can set priority and select the sound.

3 Likes

You can set a message priority and sounds in webCoRE by using a web request.

Here is an example from WebCore

There are better instructions on the Pushover website with other options available.

2 Likes

Thanks to both for each option as this opens up new ideas for me.

Looks like within the pushover message composed, I can add the appropriate priority parameter as noted in this post: Pushover Notifications Driver [Slightly Enhanced]

QUOTE From Post:

Prefixes
[S] - Lowest Priority (only available in custom community driver v20221204)
[L] - Low
[N] - Normal
[H] - High

E.g.. Message "[H]This is a test" will send "This is a test" with High Priority to your mobile app.

[E] prefix is now used for emergency notifications and requires the following parameters
retry - how often to resend notification until it is acknowledged (in seconds with a minimum of 30 seconds)
expire - timeout for resending notifications if they are never acknowledged (in seconds with a maximum of 10800)

1 Like

Actually Emergency is included in the stock driver. From v1.1.2 release notes:

• Pushover driver now supports emergency notification with “[E] message”; must first set Retry Interval and Auto Expire in device preferences

@bertabcd1234 you might consider updating Docs page on Pushover with this information. Here is the original feature request:

4 Likes

Ah. I stand corrected. I haven’t used the built in drive in a very long time so I wasn’t aware of the update. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like