[PROJECT]LCARS - Android - Hubitat control

Hi everyone,

I wanted to show my latest project. Utilizing several android apps / plugins / hubitat / HousePanel / rule machine / tasker / apps, I have created a very cool interface for my home automation on android.

All the widgets shown are integrated right into the launcher - which is a very nice product all by itself.

This is still very much a wip but I wanted to share so here is a small video. The app I used to record seems to have muddied thigns up a bit. Still lots of formatting to fix. Never mind the flash messages those are to help me along the way..

Also I believe I just figure out a way to keep everything in sync a little easier

11 Likes

Love it!

Now to try and get Majel Barrett Roddenberry's voice for the TTS.

1 Like

Wow, you’ve done a good amount of work there and it’s come together every nicely.
Something for me to aspire too. :+1:t2:

Is this a possibility?? Lol that would be icing on the cake.

that is awesome! very nice

So how did you do this? I like it a lot.

First off. It takes several paid apps. And lots of patience. Start with the basics. I use total launcher and themes from the play store for the overall lcars look.

This theme.

Then for the device controls I am ussimg Zooper widgets tied into tasker. Tasker makes http calls to hubitat for control and device status. I am currently in the process of switching from the house panel endpoints I was using to the built in maker api.

1 Like

Very Nice!
I've been using the other launcher from the same Trek developer on my cel. I was wondering if it could be modified for my home controls. Now I have something to shoot for. Thanks.

1 Like

You know that they actually did a phonetic recording of her voice before she died (basically recorded her saying every sound made by the English language several times). So, having MBR as your TTS voice should be possible at some point. And with Paramount and CBS trying to make up for terrible movies and TV shows recently, they owe us one. They should give it to us for free!

1 Like

No. That's why they're charging you to watch Star Trek now :wink:

You mean TRYING to charge me to watch Star Trek now. :wink:

1 Like

Holy cow, what am I looking at, that a tablet on the wall? I'm digging it, I just wish I had then skills. I can barely get English right, friggen went insane a few years ago trying to take a MS Access class, and came close to stroking out a few times. I have since come to terms with the fact that as much as I wish I could be, and will keep insisting on trying from time to time, I'm not going to have the patience or time to learn Spanish, Persian, Java, Groovy, or anything really beyond the simplistic IFTTT and Tasker type command syntaxes. Even then, I'm constantly going back and fighting sign things for days at a time just to realize a single '.' or '/' happened to be one airwaves too fast, or something. Now I'll configure and use the hell out of some equipment, I may need a friend to do the Zuckerberger-like heavy lifting.

That said, any takers...? Make ole Mr. Brevity over here a nice Star Trek deal. I just got my Amazon Fire 10, which I plan on rooting at some point, de-bloatafying it, and making it an awesome command console for the house. I'm a fan of SharpTools because they bridge the gap between Tasker, Smartthings (primary hub), and Hubitat. I'm eventually wanting to move all local Zigbee and Z-wave devices over from Smartthings to Hubitat, and run them in parallel, only because chicks dig that kind of thing... Yeah.

2 Likes

Lol that is my phone. The main lcars interface is available through apps on the play store. The widgets that control my stuff were made with tasker plug-ins.

Is this not over complicated?

1 Like

Well it was not simple that's for sure.

1 Like

You mean, like replacing the 50-100 $1.19 light switches in your house with $3000 worth of Caseta dimmers and switches and enough echo devices for every room in the house, just so we can say "Alexa, turn on the kitchen lights" and be told "Hmm. I can't find a device named kitchen life"?

Nope. Not over-complicated. Just the right amount of complicated. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

VERY tired of that one.