Show Off Your Dashboards!

I

Why is that? As I said, both HD+ and Hubivue are 100% local. I've had internet go out serveral times and our keeps working fine.

I have the HD+ app on my phones. For some reason, when I turn off cloud and try to go local only, it stops connecting. I'm sure it's a setting. I've never seen Hubivue.

Check your maker API settings...

I had InfluxDB and Grafana running locally in a VM on my laptop, but I moved them to cloud subscriptions. I can use Grafana's free tier and Influx Cloud costs me about 10 cents per day. It's definitely cheaper than the energy cost and wear on my laptop to have it running 24/7. Until I own my own home and have a home server setup for running IP cameras I don't see the need for the extra cost running local Influx, Grafana, Home Assistant Relay and VPN. Though Home Assistant is quite slow to respond.

I took @rlithgow1 's advice and scoped out Hubivue. It's everything I had hoped to find in a dashboard app! This mockup of the Star Trek: TNG computer interface system (LCARS) took me no time at all to construct. Basic, I know, but lots of potential for showing multiple motion and other sensors on single pages/dashes...

Really liking the clean interface! Props to @gslender on his app.

Here ya go [PROJECT]LCARS - Android - Hubitat control

1 Like

just very basic stuff here but I havent seen one yet, so here I go with a dashboard with sensor data. I just followed this (amazing trick! HOW-TO Store data in Google Sheets directly from RM5) and then shared the image right from the google doc, then I created a new tile with Template as Link and background image with the given URL.

note to the reader

not an NCSA agent here but dont use it for confidential data !

1 Like

You can also use @bptworld 's quick chart.

This my Lcars Dash, its 4 pages, an overview of the devices used daily, a sensors, lighting and battery page. This is Home Assistant as the front end and the Hubitat integration so both systems working together.

The shield flashes orange if any doors or windows are open and functions as a clickable link to the sensors page. It changes to a different green icon when everything is secure.

I have a Surface Pro, wall mounted near our primary entrance to leave the house, working as a dashboard and a sensor wakes the screen when people are nearby.

5 Likes

And this is my main Hubitat dash but I only really use it as a backup, the Lcars version is my default UI.

1 Like

This isn't you is it?

1 Like

No, its not me, same theme though I guess.

1 Like

I was remiss in not posting here earlier. I released an app last weekend that does some pretty interesting things with presenting data on dashboards.
Here is the original thread: [RELEASE] Tile Builder - Build beautiful tiles of tabular data for your dashboard

Here is an example of what you can do.

All tiles on here are generated by Tile Builder with the exception of the two Thermostat and the two image tiles.

Just something for other dashboard enthusiasts to check out.

3 Likes

I realize that dashboards are a matter of personal preference and they vary greatly. However, I have learned over the past several years that when it comes to WAF, less is more. With that said here's a screenshot of my latest creation for my wall mounted iPad. The main screen is simple with most of the things my wife cares about. With the links on the main screen connected to a total of 46 pages, you can drill down into every aspect and detail of my 300+ device smart home.

11 Likes

Is that a native Hubitat Dashboard as the foundation? What are you using for your video solution if you don't mind me asking.

It’s a Home Assistant mushroom dashboard. I’m using Blue Iris for my camera feeds. I also have two C5 hubs that I’m using as zigbee and Zwave controllers for HA.

2 Likes

hello, this is exactly what im trying to do, but not sure how to really get started, I have two ipads that staty at home Id like to do this with. can you give me some direction on how to achieve this? I have a c5 and 51 devices,

thank you

The dashboard example I posted is from Home Assistant. To replicate this you'll have to be running HA on an always on machine. You can refer to this link for details on how to install HA. Once you have HA running you will need to install the Hubitat integration for HA. If you're still interested let me know once you get Hubitat integration installed and we can go from there.

ok thank you, I am looking at raspberry pi now. i will order one, when i get it up and running ill come back here. thank you

You might also look at Hubivue...