Show Off Your Dashboards!

That's awesome dude!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with 3rd Party. Not any heavier than built in dash and systems like Hubivue and HD+ work excellently with maker API... and both are 100% local

This looks brilliant!

would you mind sharing the yaml for these dashboards?

I agree there is nothing wrong with 3rd party. My reasons are simple, we lose internet every time there is a tropical storm here in Florida. With 3rd party, our panels would stop working.

I know our Nest, Echo, and MyQ are cloud based, so those would stop working anyways. I just trying to minimize the headache.

The beauty of most of the 3rd party dashboard is that they'll use the local Maker API, so internet access is irrelevant. You'll only have issues if your local network goes down, but that would be the case no matter what solution you come up with (excluding massively hacking the hardware on the hub to get a direct display to work).

So, I'm asking out of ignorance, doesn't HD+, ActionTiles, SmartTiles.IO, and most other ones host the code on their site?

I can only speak for HD+. No, all the code for the app is local to the device it's installed on.

2 Likes

PM sent.

1 Like

I

Why is that? As I said, both HD+ and Hubivue are 100% local. I've had internet go out serveral times and our keeps working fine.

I have the HD+ app on my phones. For some reason, when I turn off cloud and try to go local only, it stops connecting. I'm sure it's a setting. I've never seen Hubivue.

Check your maker API settings...

I had InfluxDB and Grafana running locally in a VM on my laptop, but I moved them to cloud subscriptions. I can use Grafana's free tier and Influx Cloud costs me about 10 cents per day. It's definitely cheaper than the energy cost and wear on my laptop to have it running 24/7. Until I own my own home and have a home server setup for running IP cameras I don't see the need for the extra cost running local Influx, Grafana, Home Assistant Relay and VPN. Though Home Assistant is quite slow to respond.

I took @rlithgow1 's advice and scoped out Hubivue. It's everything I had hoped to find in a dashboard app! This mockup of the Star Trek: TNG computer interface system (LCARS) took me no time at all to construct. Basic, I know, but lots of potential for showing multiple motion and other sensors on single pages/dashes...

Really liking the clean interface! Props to @gslender on his app.

Here ya go [PROJECT]LCARS - Android - Hubitat control

1 Like

just very basic stuff here but I havent seen one yet, so here I go with a dashboard with sensor data. I just followed this (amazing trick! HOW-TO Store data in Google Sheets directly from RM5) and then shared the image right from the google doc, then I created a new tile with Template as Link and background image with the given URL.

note to the reader

not an NCSA agent here but dont use it for confidential data !

1 Like

You can also use @bptworld 's quick chart.

This my Lcars Dash, its 4 pages, an overview of the devices used daily, a sensors, lighting and battery page. This is Home Assistant as the front end and the Hubitat integration so both systems working together.

The shield flashes orange if any doors or windows are open and functions as a clickable link to the sensors page. It changes to a different green icon when everything is secure.

I have a Surface Pro, wall mounted near our primary entrance to leave the house, working as a dashboard and a sensor wakes the screen when people are nearby.

5 Likes

And this is my main Hubitat dash but I only really use it as a backup, the Lcars version is my default UI.

1 Like

This isn't you is it?

1 Like

No, its not me, same theme though I guess.

1 Like