Problems with Shelly 2.5 switch stock driver

I can also configure the actions manually, not a problem, it's just that it's not working as expected. Relay is reporting on HTTP instead of on, as I explained above.

@SebyM, you have to put a slash at the end of the I/O URL actions in the shelly
With slash:
Without:

2 Likes

THIS!

This right here is pure gold, thanks @BrunoVoeten, the / fixed it for me, I'm OK with setting the Action URL manually so all is good.

1 Like

Hello, I am searching urls to put on roller to refresh automatically on dashboard when I move the roller.. Can help me?.

Thanks

And for roller?

Thanks

For the roller shutter you need to use the community driver Shelly2-as-Roller-Shutter
+
install the App Maker API

choose you device in Maker API

Lookup your device ID and remember it

Copy the link:

paste/adapt ONLY in the Roller stop URL of the Shelly to refresh the state of your device

Woooo lot of thanks.. Works.

But now I must do it for every roller... I have many😅

1 Like

I'm having the same problem. It appears to be an issue of "status" in the dashboard. If I create a switch tile for each of the two Shelly 2.5 channels, I can turn each one on (while watching the Shelly web api) and the light comes on. However, the dashboard never updates so I cannot use the dashboard tile to turn either channel off (nor see the status of either).

System or User driver?

System Driver. And after further testing, I realized that while I can turn anything on (including with a rule), I can turn neither channel off, even with a rule.

And before I followed Dongood's URL action instructions, nothing worked.

try the non system one..i have had no luck with the built in system driver.

Can you give us a printscreen of the I/O URL actions in the shelly:

• OUTPUT SWITCHED ON URL
  • OUTPUT SWITCHED OFF URL

I'll try the user driver. I'll also attach a screenshot.

Those URL's are working with the system driver, not with the user driver

If you use the on/off in the device does the status change?
Are we talking about the same screen?

With the system driver, I get child devices that will turn on (through the dashboard, device page or rule) but won't turn off.

When I install using the "user" driver, I do get alot more information on the device, I can poll, etc. But on and off do not work, even if I disable the I/O URL actions.

very strange, maybe there is an issue because you have made 2 device's with the same IP or used 2 different drivers on 1 device or maybe it is a shelly 2.5 issue.

If I was you I should start all over again (I guess you are on the latest Hubitat 2.2.4.158 firmware)

• delete the problem device or devices in Hubitat

• factory reset the shelly 2.5 & reinstall it in the Shelly app

• rollback the Shelly firmware to 1.7.0

• add again the shelly 2.5 in Hubitat with the system driver, hit the save preference till you see the 2 channels

• check if the 5 action links are filled in for both channels in your Shelly device

• test ON/OFF in your 2 child devices and see if the status is changing in the device, If not try to use the refresh button.

• If everything is working, upgrade the shelly again to the latest firmware

Hope this is working because I am out of idea's

BrunoVoeten,
Thanks for the help! I did exactly what you said step by step (except I haven't upgraded back to latest yet). I can now turn devices on and off through the device list. I can still turn the devices on with the dashboard, but I still can't turn the devices off with the dashboard. But frankly, my dashboard often gives me the wrong status for various devices, so I don't trust it.

However, the Shelly can be turned on and off with an app, which is all I was after.

I'm reluctant to flash back to latest firmware now that you have it working !

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hmm, don't know how to fix this, this is a similar issue as @roberto where there was never a solution for, I looks something gets corrupt in the dashboard

The problem of not saving the action URL is solved in the 2.2.5 platform

shelly 1 on latest firmware on 2.2.5 stock driver still not working for me.. doesn't even register on/off when doing locally with hubitat device panel.. switch does turn on/off but there are no events in history so rules don't work.

url does have on off in switch config, but again this is wrong as these urls apparently changed.. anyone know what the new ones are?

In addition turning on off directly from shelly web interface also does not register events in the hubitat device..

switching back to shelly latest driver does register on off events direct from hubitat device panel so rules work, but again urls do not work as they are incorrect.