Problems with Shelly 2.5 switch stock driver

Sorry guys, I had a brain fart.

When I attempted to update my firmware the interface said I was already on the latest and I made the mistake of assuming, even though it was as plain as day that I was on a 2019 firmware.

One of the two devices still says it's on the latest firmware, time for me to research how to force the update.

1 Like

For now my fix is to have a trigger to call the Refresh action once a switch state changes (a second delay seems to help if the WiFi is slower).

Waiting for a reaction from the devs or a better idea than downgrading the shelly SW

If it works for you...don't forget you can upgrade the Shelly after the configuration is done.

I can also configure the actions manually, not a problem, it's just that it's not working as expected. Relay is reporting on HTTP instead of on, as I explained above.

@SebyM, you have to put a slash at the end of the I/O URL actions in the shelly
With slash:
Without:

2 Likes

THIS!

This right here is pure gold, thanks @BrunoVoeten, the / fixed it for me, I'm OK with setting the Action URL manually so all is good.

1 Like

Hello, I am searching urls to put on roller to refresh automatically on dashboard when I move the roller.. Can help me?.

Thanks

And for roller?

Thanks

For the roller shutter you need to use the community driver Shelly2-as-Roller-Shutter
+
install the App Maker API

choose you device in Maker API

Lookup your device ID and remember it

Copy the link:

paste/adapt ONLY in the Roller stop URL of the Shelly to refresh the state of your device

Woooo lot of thanks.. Works.

But now I must do it for every roller... I have many😅

1 Like

I'm having the same problem. It appears to be an issue of "status" in the dashboard. If I create a switch tile for each of the two Shelly 2.5 channels, I can turn each one on (while watching the Shelly web api) and the light comes on. However, the dashboard never updates so I cannot use the dashboard tile to turn either channel off (nor see the status of either).

System or User driver?

System Driver. And after further testing, I realized that while I can turn anything on (including with a rule), I can turn neither channel off, even with a rule.

And before I followed Dongood's URL action instructions, nothing worked.

try the non system one..i have had no luck with the built in system driver.

Can you give us a printscreen of the I/O URL actions in the shelly:

• OUTPUT SWITCHED ON URL
  • OUTPUT SWITCHED OFF URL

I'll try the user driver. I'll also attach a screenshot.

Those URL's are working with the system driver, not with the user driver

If you use the on/off in the device does the status change?
Are we talking about the same screen?

With the system driver, I get child devices that will turn on (through the dashboard, device page or rule) but won't turn off.

When I install using the "user" driver, I do get alot more information on the device, I can poll, etc. But on and off do not work, even if I disable the I/O URL actions.

very strange, maybe there is an issue because you have made 2 device's with the same IP or used 2 different drivers on 1 device or maybe it is a shelly 2.5 issue.

If I was you I should start all over again (I guess you are on the latest Hubitat 2.2.4.158 firmware)

• delete the problem device or devices in Hubitat

• factory reset the shelly 2.5 & reinstall it in the Shelly app

• rollback the Shelly firmware to 1.7.0

• add again the shelly 2.5 in Hubitat with the system driver, hit the save preference till you see the 2 channels

• check if the 5 action links are filled in for both channels in your Shelly device

• test ON/OFF in your 2 child devices and see if the status is changing in the device, If not try to use the refresh button.

• If everything is working, upgrade the shelly again to the latest firmware

Hope this is working because I am out of idea's

BrunoVoeten,
Thanks for the help! I did exactly what you said step by step (except I haven't upgraded back to latest yet). I can now turn devices on and off through the device list. I can still turn the devices on with the dashboard, but I still can't turn the devices off with the dashboard. But frankly, my dashboard often gives me the wrong status for various devices, so I don't trust it.

However, the Shelly can be turned on and off with an app, which is all I was after.

I'm reluctant to flash back to latest firmware now that you have it working !

Thanks again.

1 Like