Problems With New Mode Manager

I don't know what to say now. I removed/re-added Mode manager. I recreated the presence section with only the virtual device. Toggling departed/arrived did not set Away mode until I manually set the mode with my Wallmote. After that, it worked (once) when I toggled departed from the Virtual device, but not back for arrival. Now I only see in the status change in the Virtual Sensor log. I'm not only stumped but a bit aggravated since my Fobs worked flawlessly prior to the update. I can't be the only one.

As far as I know, you are the only one. I'm stumped as to why it's not firing for arrived. However, I'm digging into some more testing on a few more hubs. It's possible that something got messed up, but only way to find out is to do some testing over the next 30 minutes or so.

1 Like

Oh well, I will be leaving here in a hour or so and returning. Hopefully things will work this time, lol. Thanks again Bruce.

I've just tested this on 3 different hubs, and they all work as expected. So I am very much at a loss about your situation.

If it still doesn't work, please send me a private message along with your hub's MAC address so we can further investigate. I tried to replicate your problem too, and mine worked as expected as well.

1 Like

Thanks @bobbyD, I'll let you know. I'm starting to think this is a secret plot to get me to upgrade my C-5 to a new C-7, lol...

Thanks. Even after reading the help info several times I didn't get that I needed the Away mode to be listed in the 'Set Mode at Times' table.

In reference to the other discussion of the column named, perhaps "Hold" would be clearer than 'Skip'.

While playing with this I removed all modes from the 'Set Modes with Presence Sensors" table. When I tried to add 'away' back into it, it looks like Mode Manager broke:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property '4' on null object on line 551 (method mainPage)

Away was still set in the 'Set Modes at Times" table with the ignore box checked. Hopefully no one else will do what I just did, but it looks like I have to remove and re-add Mode Manager to recover.

2 Likes

I have a suspicion that you may have accidently bumped both Away and Return to "ALL" sensors. Based on your Settings, you had them both set to "Any", however the logs you shared, show that "Away" is configured to "All". If you changed the return to all too, then flipping one sensor will not change the mode. If you continue to have problems, please share the Settings page again and corresponding logs.

Found your problem. You need to have an entry in your Time Table for Away, with the Skip column checked.

1 Like

Found this problem. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Fix will be in the next release, along with some logging improvements.

1 Like

OK, with no times, just skip? Done, I will try it out. Thanks!

Not sure what you mean. There must be Away with skip checked in the Time table for it to work.

Well that works with the Virtual Sensor (I'm so confident I've already removed it)! There must be something lost in translation from the old app to the new app (or at least in my brain). The "no times" comment was due to me not knowing that once you check the "skip" box no times can be added. Again, thanks @bravenel and @bobbyD, you guys rock!!! You really couldn't ask for a better support team (or platform for that matter).

Screenshot 2022-09-30 200525

1 Like

Fair enough, I don’t use any times at the moment so that makes sense.

Cheers.

I've a new problem with platform 2.3.3.125

I primarily use 3 modes...Home, Away, Guest.

Home and Away are set purely by presence.
Guest is set manually and is used to prevent the mode changing to away if we both leave.
Several times over the past 2 days my wife has set the mode to Guest, however, no reference to Guest ever shows in the Events list for Mode Manager.

events
show current mode

If Mode Manager is not the app changing the mode, I would not expect it to show in App Events for Mode Manager. (The App Events page itself, for any app, is somewhat of an odd place, very rarely used these days, which is another story...but apparenty this is one!)

If you want a general history of hub modes, set via whatever means, that is part of what you will see under Logs > Location events.

1 Like

Many thanks, I'm sure it used to but I'm glad you pointed me to location events. How had I not noticed that before? :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I recently migrated from mode manager legacy to the new version, and since the migration, the mode fails to switch to "away" when all relevant presence sensors depart. Is there an update coming soon to fix this issue?

For latest known issues, please be sure to check the Known Issues thread, first, under Release Notes category, for upcoming bug fixes.

With that being said, we are not aware of issues with changing to "away" mode. Mind sharing more details about your app settings and pertinent logs?

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the reply. Attached are the away mode settings (automatically created from the legacy migration), mode events log, and the presence log. You can see from my presence sensor that away mode should have activated at 09:06 (I was the last to leave the house), and after I noticed at 09:24 that it had not, I manually changed it. When I returned at 10:05, Day mode was correctly activated. I have updated the hub to version 2.3.3.133 and at 11:45 I manually changed my presence to "departed" in order to see if this fixed the issue, which you can see from the timestamp log that it did not. The 11:55 Away mode change was triggered by testing my webcore failsafe piston. Is there anything else I can provide to help with fixing this issue?