Problems With New Mode Manager

Are there other logs (other than I gave you a few posts up) that you would need?

Edit: I just turned on debug and description text logging for the Fob. I will need to go out later this afternoon and will have more data then.

Current logs, not old ones. The ones you posted were not from current release.

I find the term "Skip" super confusing. Is it placed on the "running" mode you want to persist and not be changed away from? Or on the "new" mode you want to be ignored being changed to?

So for your "Away" example, do you put "Skip" on the Night mode row? Or on the Away mode row?

Yes, as in skip changing from this mode based on time. It goes on Away in the time table,

1 Like

The logs I have given have todays date on them, can't get much more current than that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I applied the update last evening.

OK, but there are no arrival events shown. The app logs them.

Okay, that makes sense, but its kinda inverted logic from the other parameters in the row. The other entries in the row are setting when the mode is to become active. Skip is when you want the mode to be left alone. I think thats what was non obvious from just reading the column names.

That is why there is this:

That's helpful, my point was just that the "skip" label was confusing vs the other labels which are obvious. I've re-read that a few times but it didn't stick for the next time I'm reading the mode manager tables.

Kind of hard to fit "Don't change from this mode based on time" into a column header.

Prevent Time Changes?

Yep, that's what I thought when I didn't see any. . . . Mode changes are being logged from other events except for Fob arrival. Is there another place that has more pertinent info? The "Mode Manager Away" heading is not correct as I manually put the mode to "Home".

Either way, you have to learn what it means.

Could I suggest that you temporarily create a Virtual Presence device, and add it to your Mode Manager setup. Play with it, so you can see what happens, both in the logs and with your modes.

Very strange, I created a Virtual device as you suggested. The results are the same, no device return logged MM. . .

Show the Event Subscriptions for the app, from its App Status page (gear icon).

Here you go.

That's very strange. I'm not able to reproduce any problem with this at all.

Perhaps remove that instance completely (from its App Status page) and recreate it.

Sorry, do you mean remove MM and recreate? Or just the presence sensor portion?

Edit: I removed a 3 presence devices and re-added only the Virtual device and modes are not changing at all. Going for a hub reboot.

Yes. Reboot won't affect this.