Peanut Plug supported on Hubitat?

@sdonaghe
I have the same experience. Four Peanut plugs - and they're fine on Channel 20, which I think was selected as the default zigbee channel.

Yeah, between channel 18 to 20 is the sweet spot to get all the devices working. I have this post on the peanut and GE switch.

2 Likes

Thanks. I changed to channel 20 and all my new Peanut plugs were discoverable.

3 Likes

The great thing about standards is, that there are so many of them....

3 Likes

My Peanut Plugs connected fine. The problem I have is, on my dashboard I have them as outlets. Intermittently when I toggle them, they will operate as soon as I push the tile/button, but the dashboard tile goes to an hour glass and says "sending" and will not operate for quite a while until it clears. This is on both the phone and PC local dashboard. If I go to the Device/Commands and "refresh", it corrects everything on the dash. It's as if it doesn't refresh for some reason. It's configured generic Zigbee on channel 20. What have I missed?

That's a separate dashboard issue and not anything to do with the peanut plugs themselves.

It's been a common complaint lately:

Dashboard Not Refreshing and Dashboard needs refreshing

1 Like

Im not sure that is the same dashboard issue if the device itself needs a refresh to get its state in sync.

Not happening with any other devices including Monoprice plugs. These are the first Zigby devices I've tried though. Could this be something related to Zigby? And it happened immediately when I installed each of the two plugs I purchased.

Try clicking the CONFIGURE button on the Peanut Plug Device Page within your Hubitat Hub. This will make sure the Peanut Plug knows what it needs to send back to the Hub when a status change occurs. Afterwards, verify the status updates correctly when you click ON and OFF from within the same Device Details web page. If the status updates correctly, then try the dashboard again.

1 Like

Does the state update correctly in the device edit page when you press the button on the device itself? @ogiewon beat me to it with the configure button.

2 Likes

The configure thing is currently working. But I also think I went through all the buttons before. But maybe I missed "configure". But at this point it's working again and THANKS! This is an intermittent problem so keeping my fingers crossed.
The second answer is that it does not update on the device page either. If I toggle the state to off or on, the indicated state on the device page doesn't change until I tell it to update. It changes immediately then. So the Tile is just following the state on the device page.

1 Like

I have 13 zigbee outlets and the only ones that ever get stuck on the dashboard are the peanuts. They are also the only ones I have ever had to rejoin to the network (over and over). They seem more reliable with the generic zigbee switch driver. I will say that I changed to channel 15 last Sunday, from 20, and haven’t had any of them drop off yet. My GE in wall zigbee dimmers, and Hue dimmers also are working well on 15 fwiw.

1 Like

I've been on channel 14 for ages now. For me, it's been the most reliable for my devices and far enough away from my Hue hub (channel wise). I also keep my 2.4ghz WiFi on channel 11 as well even though I only have 6 total devices (out of the 110 total devices) on that spectrum.

1 Like

I have 105 zigbee devices, so changing the channel was a nail biter, especially since the Hue dimmers are so touchy. I tried just bumping down to 19 to get away from the SmartThings channel, but the Hues wouldn't stay connected for more than a few minutes even though they joined right away.

1 Like

Yeah, Hue products NOT on a Hue hub are a nightmare in terms of channels. If I remember correctly, the Hue hub itself only supports 4 channels (11,15, 20, 25) and I think that the Hue products are the same way. Using any other channel on a different hub (HE, ST, etc) usually produces the same conditions as you are seeing.

1 Like

I never took note of that apparently, but you are correct. I guess that explains it.

1 Like

As of this morning, both of mine seem to be working correctly on channel 20. But I need these to work while away from the house unattended too. Basically I need these to be reliable where I utilize them. I may need to use Z-Wave on any critical positions if I see more hick-ups with the Peanuts.

LOL I've put a LOT of trial and error into that theory. Part of the reason I am trying to dump Hue is because of stupid design decisions they make like that.

1 Like

That, OR, get some of the more reliable outlets. The SmartThings outlets (V5 I think?) and the Centralite 3200-C and the 3210-L are very reliable. However, it also largely depends on how strong your Zigbee mesh is though.

With that said, none of my SmartThings or Centralite outlets have ever failed me. I trust them enough that I use them on my reef tanks for monitoring equipment.

1 Like

I also have the Sylvania and last 2 generations of the SmartThings plugs. I would trust either of them to be reliable away from home. The Sylvania are quite a bit cheaper, but I don't think they have a ram buffer, and don't seem to repeat for as many devices, but at least for me they have had better range than any of my other plugs. I wouldn't trust my peanut plugs for anything critical, they are just for repeating at my house.

1 Like