I searched the forum, but I couldn't find anything regarding my question...
I have several Peanut outlets that I updated to the newest firmware. Using the Generic Zigbee Driver I get power reporting (nice). However, checking the logs, even when the plugs are off I occasionally get a report of ~235W. This happens with all the peanut outlets. This does not happen with my Smartthings outlets.
Has anyone seen this? Know the cause/mitigation? or is it something obvious I am overlooking?
Thank you for your speedy reply. All I have done is enable debug logging and toggle the plugs on/off. It hasn't happened again yet, but once it does I will post the screen shot. Like all troubleshooting in my life, once I start to look at an issue, the issue disappears...
Also, on one of the others, I switched to the "Generic zigbee switch" driver. It has stopped reporting spurious power readings. So maybe the issue is with the driver and not the Peanut hardware itself.
@BD_1652 - if you have multiple Peanut plugs, could if you check if changing the driver to "Generic zigbee switch" eliminates the spurious readings?
Yup. That's correct. There's also a custom Peanut driver that was posted here a while back. That also doesn't report spurious values. I'm no longer using it, because I want to remain as "stock" as possible.
What would concern me is that the messages are going to hubitat that frequently and bogging down the zigbee mesh with unneeded messages. It should only report to the hub when the power changes more than the minimum setting. Not all the time like it is. That's a lot of extraneous messaging.
No....I saw that with the MQTT stuff. I was looking at trying to set that up since I've been looking at MQTT for a LONG time. Then I saw that thread and I was like...."maybe I'll wait a little longer."
generic zigbee switch doesn't parse power reports, but it won't stop the device from producing them.
Looking at the debug frames when using generic zigbee outlet, there is certainly something wrong with all of these outlets, first it's reporting 308 watts, then 4 seconds later it's reporting 0 watts, and I'm not seeing the outlet being turned off.
I suppose I could tell the driver not to report a value of zero watts when the outlet is on, but that could actually produce an incorrect reading for devices using this driver that don't have this bug in their firmware...
So power reporting on these is not correct, nothing I can do about that really.