Peanut Plug Spurious Power Reporting

Thanks for your input/looking at this.

Could you tell the driver not to report when off?

how does that fix this problem?

I suppose it doesn't fix the problem, but I noticed this because I have some notifications that were triggering when the outlet was off (b/c the 235W). When I got those notifications I assumed my rule wasn't correct, but not finding an issue I saw in the logs that the power reported was indeed greater than the threshold needed to trigger.

It seems like the fix for that is including the switch on/off status in your rule as a condition. Not changing the driver.

1 Like

That is what I will do next. But since I thought it was unusual to get these reports I posted to see if it was something about my setup or something else.

Not much I can do if their firmware isn't great.

Thanks everyone for taking a look.

2 Likes

It seems to me that the real fix is ditching the peanut plugs that are trying, unsuccessfully, to do power reporting. I guess there's a reason they come with that feature turned off except when they're connected to an Almond router.

They aren't completely unsuccessful. When there is a load what they report matches pretty closely to what I have measured with a Kill-a-Watt. I will start keeping a closer look at them now that I have noticed this (ie do they report 235W when my 3D printer is preheating/cooling).

except when the device is switched off and reporting flops between 0 and some made up number(s)...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.