Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

It’s for the URL RewriteModule.
Webcore only has one real page, but you’ll see paths like ip/piston/pistonid or ip/settings in webcore.

The rewrite module will redirect all the paths back to the main page

Came up, saw my pistons, but when I click to edit, it’s just spinning. Getting close though

Is my install messed up? I was looking at it looks like I have two installs of the app. I cannot delete the extra one (not OATH), says its used by dashboard, and the other one is used by Hubutat. 100% not related to the web server stuff, just did not notice until now.

I

It seems like it. I don’t think any of the changes we made would have caused that. Is it possible you loaded the webcore app twice in the apps page at some point in time? You might be able to remove the extra dashboard ( the one without Dashboard on the right but has it in the title) and then try to remove the extra main app. I’d recommend making a backup before attempting that though.

That worked, thanks. Not sure how it happened, but its all good to go now, and super fast with local browser

1 Like

I think this guide needs to be sticky’d in some way. Everyday I login, there is something new you have contributed to webCoRE on Hubitat! :sunglasses:
If you don’t mind, then I am hoping to link this in the opening post.

I myself run the code on my VPS (for out of home access) and find the responsiveness of the UI mostly similar. Are you guys seeing drastic improvements when running it locally?

Thank you so much for doing this work. It makes sense to have webcore locally. I am not seeing anywhere in the webcore settings on hubitat to enable custom urls or add the address of my pi. What am I missing?

It should be there when you access the webCoRE primary app from the Apps section in Hubitat, if you are running the latest code from the GitHub.

Screenshot from mobile device given below...

The idea of running the webCoRE dashboard locally sounds really appealing, but, honestly, it’s over my head. Could I get some context?

It seems from @jp0550’s introduction, you were motivated by a deficiency in handling large pistons. Is this the primary benefit and how likely is it that most of us will hit this problem?

Is this also a strategy to insulate HE webCoRE users from the possible loss of access to the webCoRE servers?

The third benefit I see is just plain better response from a local server vs. the internet. Valid?

I have to admit that I’ve been looking for an excuse to play with an RPi, although I expect it will be a real time-sink. This might be it.

Thanks @ptdalen.
Sorry I didn’t get back to you last night.
Finished off today and all is good.
Thank you so much for this. I love webCoRE and it makes me feel secure that I can now expand my automation with Hubitat without the fear of losing the ability to edit/delete/define pistons.

Thanks again to you and @ajayjohnm for your efforts and instructions to open it up to us mere mortals.

1 Like

@Errand
Have you got this working.
Just doesn’t want to work for me.

EDIT: Got it working by saving everything on the hub.
Doing a reboot and it started to work.

I already have a Windows server running apache & php … would this work if I ran webCoRE out of a subdirectory? Or would that entail crazy amounts of path edits to adjust for (or just plain not work)?

eg, http://[address]/webcore

I haven’t looked too much in the dashboard code to see how hard this would to be to change. Could you spin up another instance of the server on a different port instead and put webcore in the root?

yeah probably so, it’s just that i’m, you know … lazy :smiley:
Asking is the first easiest thing to do, what you suggest is probably the next easiest, onward and upward, lol.

1 Like

I must be using the incorrect version? I installed from this link but don’t have the custom hub options on that screen.

webCoRE/smartapps/ady624/webcore.src/ webcore.groovy

Go to post 1 and click on the ajayjohn github link.
The latest versions are all there.

I think he is using that, there are “/ady624/” paths in it.

I deleted, rebooted and started from scratch and she (grin) is now picking up the fields. Thank you for confirming the link. I must have had a file left over from a prior version but was not sure if I was going to the incorrect link. It could have been the reboot. Rebooting sometimes seems to help resolve gremlins and I don’t always think to try that step.

I seem to have made it through the web server and git installation process on the pi; thanks for the clear instructions. The hub is bringing up the webCoRE page on my local server, however I get “There was a problem loading the dashboard data. The data shown below may be outdated; please logout if this problem persists”. No pistons are shown. If I logout and supply a new registration code, I get the same thing. Any suggestions?

Does pausing a piston not work on hubitat yet?