Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Does reselecting Hub>Device from the settings menu fix this?

tried last night and just tried again, no it doesn't.

works on my wife's phone Nokia 6.1 both on Android 10 (stupid Samsung :poop: :rage:)

1 Like

I think it should work. I have not played with it lately, but on the HE side everything should be fine.

So I cannot comment on the HE mobile app.

I do see when I test using pushover that the notifications do go out. I also read these notes as webcore is sending the notifications, and you are more asking questions about how notifications are displayed in the HE mobile app (vs. if webcore sends them).

I'm actually mostly concerned that notifications sent to the HE mobile app don't get any "airtime" on my phone. No vibration, sound, or and don't appear in the android notification pull-down. The only way I can see them is by opening the app and looking for them....kind of the antithesis of a notification... :wink:

UPDATE: Uninstall/reinstall of the app fixed my notifications issues...some bytes must have gotte crossed up somewhere in the initial install. Notifcations now working.

This isn't a WC bug because it doesn't work in the driver page, so any further debugging needs to be on the mobile app thread to get fixed.

1 Like

Got it all working now. Ended up buying a pi to use instead of a vm running on my nas. I think, however, that it would run on any Linux based system with the changes I made to the setup. Basically I used https://github.com/imnotbob/webCoRE as the source. I also needed to amend the app.js file so that it would accept plain http instead of https. Now works perfectly. I always like to be as self efficient as I can and remove any external dependencies.

1 Like

Pi's rule the world...I use them for running UNMS and Unify controllers for my Ubiquiti setup, and also GAR. :slight_smile:

@danabw you were able to get the Webcore push notifications to work through HE?

Yes, @piersm2. Using the stock/built-in Hubitat notification system. Set your condition to whatever you want, then set your mobile phone as the device in the action, and choose the "send device notification" action. Very prompt notification for me.

I really don't like losing text capability I had on ST, since now I have to install the HE app on any phone I want to get notifications on. Before I could include my family in notifications in a way they are used to (i.e., getting texts) and I didn't have to touch their phones to configure anything or load any apps. But the mobile notifications on HE do work.

Works perfectly for me.

In the example above I'm also using a spoken notification via Follow Me to my GH speaker.

Don't use the built in command of "Push Notification". Make sure you set up your cell phone as a device in hubitat by installing the Android of iOS app. Then sync that device with webCoRE like you would any other device. Then instead of picking "location", pick your phone. Then pick the command "device notification". Then you'll be able to set up the piston linked above.

I followed instructions (I think) for setting up webCoRE's UI on a Raspberry Pi. I'm able to bring the local webCoRE User interface up and can create, edit existing and save pistons. All looks good except it won't show any of my devices on my Hub. When I edit an existing piston using the local UI instead of the device name it show as a long hexadecimal. In other words, local UI thinks I have no devices. Does anyone know why this is happening?

can you show me the settings you put into webcore app? private message is fine to not leak any keys....

Hello all, I have been an HE user since the beginning with limited devices. However, due to resent ST decisions I am moving fulfilling to HE.
My question is, in ST webcore was having issues managing my 250 devices so Ady had me break up all my pistons with 3 installed instances of webcore. He had me break up my devices between the 3 which solved all my issues.

Should I do the same thing with HE? Is it better for HE to manage all my devices in 1 Instance or better for it to mange 3 instances with fewer devices in each? Also, are there any limitations I should be aware of to make sure I keep things running smoothly?

Sharing answer from PM here for everyone:

Last year (this time), Ian (who works on webcore on ST) and I made updates for both ST and HE that sends devices from the webcore groovy app to the IDE/browser in chunks.

So this should allow on both sides (ST or HE) for a single webcore to work with many devices (and it does not try to send all the devices at once which caused ST to timeout due to the cloud limits).

So I think you could try to do this on HE with a single instance. If you wanted to break up dashboards, you may want multiple instances, but I don't think you would need to do this at the start.

I have ~120 devices in my environment with no issues, I have seen others with more.

So you can give this a try, and if there are issues we can look into them.

In general a single instance on a single HE system is likely to be better for resource consumption.

On HE, some folks run multiple hubs in their environment, and break things up that way. This is not so much related to webcore, as to the memory available in HE for running things, and if a hub starts to run out of memory, things get wonky.

How to see memory on your hub:

3 Likes

Wow. Amazed that the veil has been lifted on this statistic (my first and only feature request was for instrumentation; made in Feb. 2018, acknowledged and ignored).

Just tried the memory links on mine and got GREEN 481476. Green sounds good; not sure how the memory figure stacks up.

Previous ST WC User here

After some Pi Server troubleshooting, I finally got WC installed and pointed it to my Pi Server.

Unfortunately, when trying to create my first piston, I'm not seeing any devices available and am completely stumped. I have devices checked and saved under settings. I've uninstalled WC, and reinstalled, selected minimal devices, etc.

Note: My WC installation was through Hubitat Package Manager

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you input the appropriate options for "Custom Endpoints" in the webCoRE app on Hubitat? (Sorry if that goes without saying, but I didn't see it specifically mentioned, so I figure it's worth asking.)

Also be sure the dashboard code on your pi is from the repo in note 1 of that thread and not some other (old) repo

Sorry, forgot to specify.

But yes, I did.