Okay I am about to give up

Doesn’t that require re-certification? I’ve seen other devices that have the same product name but multiple certifications, where the only apparent change was something like this.

1 Like

Is it the clusters that define this? In other words how does the hub know something is secure or not?

I had an issue where a Zooz device was paired securely, but did NOT indicate it was paired that way in the Zwave table. This was the Zen15 where you push a button to pair secure, or just plug in to pair the non-secure. And in secure mode, it does not send power reports for some reason.

zooz

The hub doesn't care if the device has security.. Only if it was included with security. So once inclusion is complete the SDK notifies the hub software the security grants that the device has..

??? That shouldn't happen.. So it said none for security? but was still securely included? .. what where you using to determine it was securely included then?

So could this be a bug in the Silabs firmware? Maybe it is showing an incorrect status? Again, the Zooz didn't show it was securely paired when it indeed was.

The only symptom was power reporting didn't work. I didn't use a Z-stick or anything, so I can't prove it. But if you pair by plugging it in, it does power reports, but if you do the other button sequence and pair securely it does not show in the table, and power reports don't work.

I suspect something else was going on then.. I have not yet seen incorrect reporting on this.. and if it were reporting incorrectly a lot would not function.. as this data is used to determine what security key to use when communicating with the device..

There was a whole thread a week or two ago about it. At least a one other person experienced it. In fact, I only encountered it trying to help that person. I didn't know what I had done at first, but I can repeatedly make this work or not depending upon how I pair it. And the security never shows in the Zwave details.

i have two of the zen15 paired non-secure seems to be working fine.. But i do recal1 a firmware update for them when i got them..

here is my info

• deviceType: 257
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x25,0x32,0x27,0x2C,0x2B,0x70,0x85,0x59,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73,0x5A
  • zwNodeInfo: D3 9C 00 04 10 01 5E 25 32 27 2C 2B 70 85 5C 59 72 86 7A 73 5A 68 23
  • firmwareVersion: 1.6
  • deviceId: 13
  • manufacturer: 634

Dont want to distract too far from OP problem. Would be glad to take this elsewhere if anyone wants to chat. Bryan, glad to run tests if needed. This is my "spare" C7, not my production C5 hub, so no worries about breaking stuff.

I was just curious if there may be a issue somewhere, and I had seen a similar weird issue (bug?) with the Zwave table. Maybe there is something to this, or not. But I still find it strange that it would have to pair S0 for this type device.

Sorry, back to the issue at hand...

This is the important notes from that other thread. It was I @neonturbo you were trying to help and I could not get it to log power data but mine was paired with S0 security and it showed it as such in the Z-wave details. As you can see when I re-paired it (not to be confused with repairing it) without security it now sends more data than I know what to do with - and it shows as no security in Zwave details.

But you see, mine never did show that. That is why I was wondering if there was some issue with displaying it in the details page.

Again, lets focus on OP problem, I think we are getting off track.

I paired another aotec heavy duty relay and it is S0 as well.

that kinds sucks.. maybe switch to the zooz..

I believe that @bcopeland may perhaps come out with a built in driver for this device in the next major release.
(Enerwave RMS2-Plus)

Thats great cause I have atleast a dozen of them.

Lord more strange issues. So I set a simple automation to turn some devices on at sunset and off at 11pm. All worked yesterday today I checked and the hub said only the zigbee turned on. Ugh. When I got home all the devices are on. But the app still.says they are off and I can't get any of them tk react to any commands. This is crazy

Can anyone help me with this

warnReceived data from 192.168.1.17, no matching device found for 192.168.1.17, C0A80111:CDE5, 00C0CA582333 or C0A80111

WHAT devices do you have with a driver that are wifi. sounds like the ip address of one of your devices changed or is offline.

There isn't even a device in my network with that ip. I tried to ping it