Off-topic rant about security

So the one I linked is the one I am looking for then? That is all I was wanting to make sure of. I was not seeing the "700" in any of the specs on any of them that I was looking at. Just thought I would ask before I clicked pay in the checkout cart.

1 Like

Yea... Not sure why they didn’t advertise that it’s 700 series.. But they really never intended their devices to be used on other hubs.

But these Ring gen2 repeaters are my favorite repeaters at the moment.

5 Likes

Now fair warning.. They don’t like C5 (they stop reporting when not included with S2)

2 Likes

Isn't all the Ring Gen2 gear 700 series? I'm thinking it could be a nice budget friendly option for contact sensors.

1 Like

Yes.. It is.. And we have built-in drivers for all of them.. They are good devices.

4 Likes

Is the ability to detect when on battery power exposed? (So, for instance, have a routine to shut things down if power has been out for 30 minutes or similar?)

1 Like

Yes.. The driver changes power source from mains to battery.. You can use that to detect power outages.

3 Likes

That alone is worth it

1 Like

Exactly.. They are cheap, well built, and extra features.

5 Likes

Where were you several weeks ago when I picked up a repeater!? :wink:

2 Likes

Here

4 Likes

OK, I deserved that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm confused.
I'm normally good at following step by step instructions.

When do I get out of the pool?
:rofl:

1 Like

Oops, yeah I messed up not including that step from the sequence of events.

Reason:

:beer:

4 Likes

Are the Ring Gen2 Repeaters superior to the Aeotec Range Extender 7's?

Thus far not that many of my devices are taking advantage of the 3 Aeotec units I installed, I am within my return window so making the switch to the Ring units is possible.

I do have a whole house generator so my power is only out for 5 minutes while the switch over occurs, the HE is connected to a UPS to keep it online at all times.

Thanks

1 Like

I can't really answer that from a network standpoint.

But I love that the Ring one will let me detect power outages. With the hub on a UPS and the Ring not on one, I get an event triggered when the Ring switches to and from battery.

@bcopeland likes them.

1 Like

It's too late now. I got the Ghost Removal Guide all wet now, reading it in the pool.

:beers:

2 Likes

So far, I would say yes.

Fine Print: This is not a scientific test, I did not utilize any test equipment. So what you are getting here may be purely subjective and opinion based. YMMV

3 Likes

Although most series 2 Ring devices are available in the UK it appears the range extenders aren't (still Gen1). Probably the manufacturing of the plug style, or old stock levels ...