Off-topic rant about security

There has only been one Zwave firmware update so yes you should be good to go.

Yes.. you should be good to go

Should be good to go?
I have the new C7 in the basement with me. Excluded rear door open
sensor which works fine on old unit. I have excluded from the old Hubitat and verified so. Have tried a dozen times to include it on new hub, with the sensor sitting right next to the hub, no joy. I have a bad feeling about this process taking a very long time.

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:14, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:14, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:2, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:14], [target:2, version:2, subVersion:3]])

1 Like

What sensor? Have you reset it as well and you are sure it is in pairing mode?

I almost didn't post this because who wants to hear that there isn't a problem but then, again, who wants to read problem post after problem post? I had one ghost entry which I got rid of with a HS Z-Flash. The toughest part was removing the Z-Flash from the network when it was done. Now, in the words of Tangina from Poltergeist, "This house is clean." So remember, there is light at the end of the tunnel, 'though sometimes you have to put an extra device in the tunnel to route the signal.

I did discover that in spite of the fact that HS hasn't updated the firmware on the WD200+ switch since 2018, my switches were shipped with rev 5.9, not 5.14. Unfortunately, updating the firmware causes the switch to lose its ID. One down. Seven to go.

2 Likes

Not having much luck adding devices at all. 01 is door sensor and 06 is GE light switch.

I think you will find 01 is your hubs zwave radio.
06 looks like a ghost device. You don't actually have any devices connected yet.

3 Likes

As @bobbles notes, the first entry is your hub. Don't touch that! :slight_smile:

Have you tried Refresh, Discover, and Repair on your second entry? (006) That's the one you should try to kill.

However, if when using Refresh and Discover you never see any routing info appear in the last column, then it may well be a "dead" ghost and not an issue, other than cosmetic...that was what I found on my system, .142 killed the ghost but it was left in my list as an artifact. Removed it later w/UZB stick, but it was no longer causing issues.

Have you tried excuding on the new hub as well?

Do that first, and then try the include. May help to reboot before doing the include, and let it sit on the include screen even after the timer runs out, maybe wait a minute or two.

These steps have been shared by others as improving their success pairing stubborn Z-Wave devices.

This isn't well known yet, but the new radio firmware is already in shipping units, so the Z-Wave radio FW update is likely not required if you recently received your C7.

I m a new user from smartthings.
I have the HE hub on the latest build and zwave firmware. Added 8 devices and was having trouble get the 9th working. It's inovelli red series switch.

I added it successfully first, but then the device stopped responding and became failed node. Then I removed it and try to add it back. Stuck at initializing a few times, but after rebooting and moving hub closer it was added again. But it again became a failes node and not responding to any command.

For the other working devices, I also found that if I click on/off/on, .etc, the system will become very laggy..

Any idea how to solve this issue?

I believe there is an Innovelli FW update, (or driver update?) available that helps w/issues that were occuring on the C7 w/those switches. Can't find it now. Anyone?

It works!

2 Likes

Yeah I looked for it, but the firmware is for dimmer not switch.
Also among the working devices, I have one red series switch already.

The LZW30-SN switch was not impacted by the bug and should include with S2 and using SmartStart.

So it's a different issue? Is there any other thing I can try?

Try to exclude the device, and re-include it. If that switch didnt' get added properly it can affect your entire Z-Wave mesh.

If exclusion fails, post a pic of what the device entry looks like in your Z-Wave Details screen. That may help determine next steps.

1 Like

Welcome aboard! In addition to what @danabw said, I would try unchecking the boxes when the inclusion options come up, and then hit ok (unless having the S2 encryption means a lot to you). If the device gets stuck at initializing, immediately go to Z-Wave Details page and click "discover".

2 Likes

Bobby is referring to these boxes...uncheck so they look like this:

2 Likes