[NOT MAINTAINED] Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermostat Driver

I ended up using a separate temperature sensor and used that as the temperature for the living room in Thermostat Controller. It's working much better.

Hi, I modified the driver to add your code. Clicked configure after installing the driver. I see the presence commands, and when I click them in the device page, the thermostat updates the presence - awesome! Problem is, if the mode is set to away or any other in hubitat, it doesn't seem to communicate that with the thermostat. The presence in the thermostat does not change, and there is nothing in the log related to it. What am I missing? Really hope to get this working. Thanks!

Does anyone elses t6 cycle for less than a minute? I would think they would want a minimum run time for the AC.

This has happened to me just once in about 1.5 years.

Mine love to cycle for less than 5 min. All the way down is cooling, half way is fan only, and up is normal. I have 3 in a large house in Arizona.

I have a small house, but here's what it looks like:

The Y-axis is arbitrary:
Cooling = 1 (blue)
Fan on = 0.5 (green)
Heating = 1 (red)

Fan Auto and Idle are set to be ~0.

And the reported output from the thermostat closely matches what I see in Sense.

My system is a 2-stage heat-pump, so the higher wattage draw is when it starts out in stage 2, and then generally, it comes down to stage 1.

My run lengths tend to be >20 minutes.

I'm wondering if I am very oversized for the cool times<90 vs the height of Summer>110.

Could be. Those cycle times are short. You could try reducing the cycles per hour (CPH) to encourage longer cycles.

1 Like

We have been running Hubitat for about 18 months and adding devices and "stuff" as time permits.

We're getting two of these installed by my A/C Contractor next week. HE has a strong relationship with Honeywell and was sharing some horror stories of some of the other "stat's" he's had to deal with that really degrade the HVAC System performance.

Once we're up and running, I'd be interested in the results of the external temperature monitors as adding those would improve the functionality of this unit in our 2nd floor as it serves two separate spaces (the typical "Finished Room Over the Garage" aka "FROG" and our 2nd Floor Bedrooms). A sensor in the space not directly monitored by the thermostat (the FROG) would be fantastic.

Also wondering if we can take an input from the home weather station (Davis Vantage Pro 2) and automate heating/cooling changeovers. Not sure if it makes any sense but sounds cool as a concept.

Adding your drivers will be my first plunge into more advanced functionalities. Any "speed bumps" we should avoid would be welcome.

TIA

I use a rule that updates the thermostat presence when the hub mode is changed.

I have one Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave in the daughter's house. The advanced driver and the thermostat have been working great with HE.

The wife and I have moved to a new house so I'm looking at thermostats again. Is the T6 Pro still a great choice? I'd be happy with three more at the new place but wanted to see what the hive thinks. TIA

Did anybody ever figure this out? I'm still stuck unable to set 0.5C increments over Zwave ...

I just use the Generic driver and it lets me do 0.5.
I have a request in as well as others. The native driver does not do a few things well like 0.5 degree steps.

Makes sense. How did you program this rule? I'm poking around in rule machine, but I do not see a way to have it set thermostat mode to "away" when the hubitat is in away mode. Thanks for your reply!

This driver has worked flawlessly for months. Then I updated my c-7 hub to 2.2.8 and now the temperature cannot be controlled in a dashboard on my T6 Pro.
I change the temp, refresh the page and the temp is back to it's original setting.

Strangely, I can change the mode. Just not the Temperature setting.

I get this in the logs:
2021-07-19 06:15:22.212 am errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '73.0' with class 'java.lang.String' to class 'java.math.BigDecimal' on line 541 (setCoolingSetpoint)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Having same problem with update 2.2.8

errororg.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '75.0' with class 'java.lang.String' to class 'java.math.BigDecimal' on line 541 (setCoolingSetpoint)

Me too.

I think this change helped at line 551 in the driver code:

cmds.add(zwave.thermostatSetpointV2.thermostatSetpointSet(setpointType: setPointType, scale: getTemperatureScale()=="F" ? 1:0 , precision: 0, scaledValue: value))

To:

cmds.add(zwave.thermostatSetpointV2.thermostatSetpointSet(setpointType: setPointType, scale: getTemperatureScale()=="F" ? 1:0 , precision: 0, scaledValue: new BigDecimal(value)))

Now I can change the temp. Not sure if there are any other issues, but that semed to solve this one.

1 Like

Thanks, That fixed it for me. fyi, I found it on line 541 though.

Same here. It worked on line 541.
Thank you!

Hmm I probably have a different version of the driver (v1.2 plus my edits). I made a little change to it to stop reporting bad humidity sensor values and to solve a problem with setting the thermostat fan mode, and haven't updated since. Maybe that gave me an extra 10 lines.