Node-RED nodes for hubitat

The new palette definitely works.

Please look at the documentation page Working with context : Node-RED
The section Saving context data to the file-system

1 Like

I don't have an Amazon Echo Hub, only 2nd gen Dots, 1st gen Show, and 1st gen Echo. If I try to add an Amazon Echo Hub to a flow, I get "Unable to start on port 80) error message under node.

(until I broke my NodeRed server), I had Alexa ( node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2) working with 1st gen Echo and dots of all flavors.
Some of the SSML things did not work on the 1st gen dots. On the Dot G3, all (well, everything I tried) SSML options worked except, for the life of me, I could not get sound effects to work.

I watched this guy:

1 Like

I have a hue light attached to a fibaro switch, to ensure it always turns on (switch gets turned off occasionally)
Is there a better way to set the colour and temp than this?

@aaiyar pointed that flow out that a week or so ago. Using it, I was able to get a light to run just like the dots light ring and then stay on while music is playing using info coming out of Alexa Event nodes.
I am using it to copy this project:

I was disappointed in the documentation but I hadn't noticed all of the example nodes available in the GitHub so thank you for pointing out that video. I am not clear though; is this local? It seems to be because when I ask her to speak, its much faster than method I was using previously that was not local.

@JasonJoel I create a inject nodes that starts on reboot. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

@stephen_nutt I ran into the same issue when running Node-Red on my Raspberry Pi. I found the workaround described below to solve the issue.

But I would still need an Amazon Echo Hub correct? I don't have one. I think node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 does everything I want and doesn't require creating virtual Alexa devices.

I am not sure what you mean by "Echo Hub." If you mean an echo device, then yes. You do need an Echo device to which you can issue verbal commands, an echo, dot, show, etc.

I have installed the alexa-remote2 palette, but I have not had much time to experiment with it yet. It seemed to me that the two palettes accomplished different things, but I may be way off base. I will defer to others who know far more than me. If this is the case, I would also like to know. I am always interested in simplifying things. Thanks.

There is quite a bit talked about for "remote2" here in this topic. Using the search feature for that exact keyword within this topic will let you easily find stuff

There is a vocabulary issue. Your average Alexa device isn't a hub in the true definition but they have created new ones like this that include a hub.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo-Plus-2nd-built/dp/B0794W1SKP

If a device like that is not what the palette is referring to but instead just refers any Echo device, then that is my confusion.

EDIT: Sorry, i am getting this thread off topic. Back to how great the Hubitat Nodes are!!!!

2 Likes

Gottcha. The palette only needs a basic echo device to which you can issue verbal commands. No device with built in hub is required. I am using it with mostly 2nd and 3rd gen dots.

YAY HUBITAT NODES! So much fun! :grin:

2 Likes

do you need to expose your amazon devices to node-red via HE echo Skill?

I have a hub slow down occurring on a regular basis. I found this when I opened the log:

This is going constantly. After a reboot, it seemed to settle down, only sending updates.

Edit: Seems to have settled down. It starts up again when I edit or deploy a flow. So maybe it's supposed to happen?

Ok, I got tired of feeling like I should explain what nodes were what when I posted a picture of one of my flows so I have kept the icons the same so the rest of you can recognize the node types in my flows.... BUT I am still changing the colors cuz I am stubborn. :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Not sure who you are asking or what context your question is in, but the "remote2" palette mentioned above has zero dependency on Hubitat

2 Likes

Hi all -

I'm getting the following warning/error during startup (MaxListenersExceededWarning). How do I determine what node:9284 is?

30 Mar 12:33:15 - [info] Starting flows
30 Mar 12:33:15 - [info] [hubitat config:HubitatM] Starting endpoint for /hubitat/webhook
30 Mar 12:33:15 - [info] [hubitat config:HubitatS] Starting endpoint for /hubitat/webhook2
30 Mar 12:33:15 - [info] Started flows
(node:9284) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 device.1479 listeners added to [EventEmitter]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
(node:9284) MaxListenersExceededWarning: Possible EventEmitter memory leak detected. 11 device.11 listeners added to [EventEmitter]. Use emitter.setMaxListeners() to increase limit
telnet connect

The "telnet connect" immediately below the two warnings indicates the Lutron Caseta integration that I use to control my Caseta devices.

It seems related to nodejs not node from node-red. (node:9284)
I'll check it tonight, but from what I read now, you can ignore it
By curiosity how many different devices you have? (I mean different device ID, ex: 2 nodes with the same device = 1 different device)

1 Like

It is Hubitat device ID 1479. That should give you all the details about which device it is

1 Like