Node-Red Flow Samples/Sharing

This works perfectly!! Thanks so much...

2 Likes

If they had a Wi-Fi analyzer 1/2 as good as any of the ones available for droid I MIGHT consider one.

My guess is Apple doesn't allow devs direct access to the wireless card needed for such an app. All I know is they have none (if someone has a decent one please share), and I use one all the time for AP deployment and location RSSI testing.

2 Likes

Yep - all in with Apple :laughing: BTW - the solution from @wecoyote5 was exactly what I was looking for (plugs right into HE app notification). Since all my Node-red stuff is currently HE related, this works.

1 Like

Did they every make it so there was a log or list of them? I stopped using it since every time I got them it was a tease. When I went to check them, they were gone.

Good point - still works this way unfortunately. If you click no the notification, it disappears.

Another huge advantage of SMS. I don't have even have the HE app on my phone. I just use the Home app (with Homebridge) if I need to monitor/control something, and the Messages app for my notifications .....

Which also means - no Dashboards app necessary on Hubitat.

2 Likes

I use Tasker Join for all of my notifications thru Node Red. It has tons of customizations including adding logos, url links, click actions, etc

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately, iOS restrictions preclude a Tasker port. It’s the only Android app that I missed when I switched platforms last year.

Yeah - that's what I do too. I have dashboards set up (I was playing around with Smartly) but all control is done via Home app.

I'm trying to set up the email node (node-red-node-email) with my Gmail account and it does not appear to be working (password rejected). Any tips on getting this going? The node instructions appear to be outdated :frowning_face:

UPDATE: Figured it out...

2 Likes

@aaiyar @TechMedX @wecoyote5 - got it working both ways (email/SMS and app notification)! Thanks so much for your help

4 Likes

@erktrek, my alexa-remore2 routine nodes stopped working again. Does moving to the cakebaked nodes fix this or do you think I need to change the three files again, I didn't do a node red update, that I know of...

It's a bit of a mystery right now but my stuff still appears to be working so maybe give it a shot? I think there are a few others who have done this as well. Be sure to update from the CLI not the Palette manager - see my earlier post.

2 Likes

I just went into the alexa-remote directory and replace/pasted the replacement files. Is that what you mean by using the CLI

1 Like

No you need to do it via NPM like this:

edit: If you manually updated files in your Alexa-Remote2 you might have issues trying to uninstall it, dunno. Let us know how it worked out.

1 Like

Further note: After adding via the CLI you can access an update via the palette manager like normal. There seems to be a 4.02 update - just ran it and my Alexa stuff is still working.

TIP: Showing the status in a sub-flow - Thought this may help someone.

I wanted to see the status from my sub-flow like some regular nodes do it. Turns out it's really simple as shown below:

6 Likes

Wanted to share a quick sequence if anyone's interested - using the "node-red-contrib-timed-counter" node was able to give my Lutron picos a double-tap feature (even triple tap potentially).

The node simply increments a msg.count property if messages come in within a certain definable time limit and resets if not. Something like this:

It works great if you set the timing properly.. just recently went "live" and waiting on WAF :crossed_fingers: so still early in the game. Possibly replacing smartthings single button... The Pico is using the "Fast Pico" driver in HE.

5 Likes

Uber cool! I'm going to use it for a few Picos and my solitary Lutron CBR, to use Double Tap to raise/lower CT (button 1 vs 5, or 1 vs 4 for CBR).

1 Like

Not really the right place for this, but the Node Red experts will watch here. I am just getting started with Node Red on a pi4, and something is corrupt. I installed a bravia tool on the palette, and when I tried to remove it it all went south.

Now I cannot install or uninstall anything in the palette. Errors look like this. Any suggestions? Thanks

2021-02-09T01:19:08.298Z Install : neutrinos-sentiment-engine 1.0.0

2021-02-09T01:19:08.264Z npm install --no-audit --no-update-notifier --no-fund --save --save-prefix=~ --production neutrinos-sentiment-engine@1.0.0
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] npm
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] ERR! code Unknown system error -117
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] npm
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] ERR! syscall
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] unlink
2021-02-09T01:19:15.614Z [err] npm ERR!

You might start node red in safe mode from the command line. That allows you to delete the offending flows/nodes and then deploy.