Node-Red Flow Samples/Sharing

???

Not sure what's going on here. But those posts between you and @erktrek were solidly useful. At least to me.

1 Like

Yup. Just want to point out a motion aggregration zone motion controller is very easily recreated in NR using any of the Boolean nodes. And almost all of my zmc were of the motion aggregation type.

Yes, it definitely can be done in NR, I just find it much simpler with Motion Zones. Easier if you need to add or remove a sensor in a zone too. Nothing has to change in NR.

2 Likes

Very true!

Simply to put the required delay in there rather than in NR with timer and stop timer node (or similar). It's more beneficial when you need multiple sensors but I just find it cleaner logic wise to do anyway.

Ah, OK, in that case, forget everything I just typed! :grinning:

1 Like

I think the idea was because it was off-topic for a while is all so making a linked thread to clean things up could be smart.

1 Like

Well - I think I found a node that does exactly what I do with that code, so scratch what I typed as well!! :rofl:

1 Like

As usual with NR there are always more ways to skin a cat!

1 Like

Here is a good thread of common palette choices which may come in handy when you are on the hunt.

1 Like

Take a look at this timer:

6 Likes

i’ll second the stoptimer-varidelay. i tried several timer nodes and that one is the best. it counts down below the node, and it will remember long delays through a reboot too.

4 Likes

Does anyone know of a way to send a notification to the HE app (on iPhone) from Node-red? I use Pushover for some notification (only to my phone) but I know I will get pushback if I ask family members to install "yet another app". Currently, I am using the Notification app on HE.

I can't answer that for you but my choice for sending messages to my phone from NR has been to send email to my provider's email-to-sms gateway (vtext.com, for Verizon) and I get it on my phone.

3 Likes

Same here. We keep a running list.

7 Likes

So I'm in good company, then - with @LosinIt and @TechMedX!

4 Likes

If you have your phone exposed to NR via Maker then it's an option in NR. This works for me.

6 Likes

Email-to-SMS is definitely the way to go. You can even use msg.topic to give your SMS notifications a bolded subject as seen below.

Everyone’s phone receives SMS/MMS - no special app required. And SMS/MMS is platform/carrier agnostic. And this is a reliable as using any other notification service (HE app, Pushover, Twilio, etc).

3 Likes

Yep yep

@aaiyar Are you using HTML markup to make it bold? Or this that an iPhone thing? Mine comes in between parens for Android

2 Likes

Must be an iPhone thing. I'm definitely not using HTML markup.

But I believe that @rakeshg is an iOS kind-a-guy!

2 Likes