[No Longer Maintained] Withings Integration

I just published version 1.5.0 which does two things, one it fixes an issue some people like @JustinL were seeing where you would have multiple sleep reports per day. The other thing it does is uses the new Withings OAuth process.

I could find this no where in their documentation, but I had to reauthenticate the app otherwise I got lots of errors. Reauthenticating means going into the app and clicking this button and following the steps:

This should be a one time thing. I can say the new OAuth has seemed much more stable. I haven't had it "lose" my token since using the new for about 2 months.

4 Likes

I reckon they've done some work on their backend to make it more robust. I didn't update to your latest release yet but have found the connection very good for the last couple of months. Prior to that I had many timeouts and disconnects requiring the re-authentication to be run. Pretty happy with how it's been working recently! Thanks again for your work on this. Just wish they'd give us the asleep and awake events!

What does this message mean in the logs: v2/user?action=getdevice -- null

does this mean the integration is not properly configured?

I've also seen this in my logs. I've also noticed the last event triggered Jun 19th even though I've sync, my activity tracker, multiple times today.

It's just a debug message I forgot to remove.

I removed and reinstalled the app and now it is syncing.

Great app, thx, been using it for a year. Not even sure what to ask but I want the sleep pads presence sensor to go to HomeKit via the homebridge app. It doesn’t work. I’m GUESSING the presence sensor needs to be a separate device? Anyway, thx, I’ve been enjoying the app

Hmm separate device from what exactly? I'm afraid I don't use any homekit devices so I'm not really familiar with what its requirements are.

Like all the measurements are under 1 device. I THINK the presence has to be its own device

Again, don’t know much about HomeKit but that really doesn’t make sense to me. Most motion devices have other sensors built in. I have ones that report humidity, temp, motion, etc. none of those work with homebridge?

I have several Hubitat devices in the apple home app via homebridge that have multiple sensors in one (e.g. temp and humidity). So I don’t think that’s the issue (but perhaps presence sensors are handled differently).

i have just integrated a new withings watch, does anyone know how often data from the watch is supposed to be updated to hubitat?

It will either sync when you do it manually from the Withings app.
Or if you have the app running in the background on a device it will sync based on the schedule linked here.

thanks, that is understood, but my question is on when/how often it syncs to hubitat; mine is syncing all the time to the app, but has only synced once to hubitat

Oh, I see. I have announcements setup to let me know when it syncs for all my devices.
It must be using some webhook as in under a minute of syncing I get notified.

yes, but my issue is that it does not sync to hubitat (or only did once like 15 hours ago)

How are you verifying it is syncing? For me its that the numbers change, not they match the app. In have read in many places that the app and the web numbers do not match for some reason.

same here, that the numbers change; but think it might be working now, i deleted once more the device and installed again

1 Like

Great app!
Just for your info - In your code for "Withings User", the documentation link takes me to the wrong place.
In fact it takes me to your hubitat vacationmanager github. This looks like an interesting app. Have you considered releasing it (apologies if you already have - I didn't see it in Package Manager)

Oops, sorry, I forgot the original reason for looking at your app code. I am using Hubitat Dashboard [RELEASE] Hubitat Dashboard - Android dashboard app - Developers / Code Share - Hubitat and I was trying to change the order of my Withings blood pressure data in that app (currently not possible in the app). So I edited your device driver to change the order of the attributes Systolic, Diastolic, Pulse, but nothing seems to have affected the order in the Device Driver screen nor (I guess as a result) in the android dashboard app.
Can you help me?