[No Longer Maintained] Withings Integration

Well, I'm not sure what I saw on my cursory view before. But looking at it more closely in response to your question, I indeed think the integration should be capable of handling multiple sleep devices per user. I've tried it, though, and it isn't working, at least when multiple devices are associated with different profiles under the same user. I just installed the additional Sleep device this morning - perhaps it needs some data for it to show up in the getdevice API call? Seems doubtful, but i'll check again tomorrow. In any event, I think any shortcoming would be on the Withings API side since the getdevice API call would have to return devices for all of a user's profiles. I'll report back tomorrow on the off chance that makes any difference.

Oh I misread. It will definitely work with different profiles under the same account. I have one email setup but different profiles for me and my wife. They come in as separate devices. Basically you need to setup an instance of the child app for each profile.

Ah! That's what I was missing. The new unit wasn't showing up in the device dropdown list in my existing user child app. But now it makes sense after going through the authentication for the new child app, in which you select the profile to associate with that child app. Working great now. Thanks!

1 Like

Does anyone know why I might be getting emails from Withings titled "Impossible to reach your server", it goes on to say: We cannot reaching your server to a notification (timeout of 2 seconds).

Do I have something set up incorrectly?

Have you looked at the raw SMTP headers? Are they really from Withings? The poor grammar seems suspicious.

I believe its from a withings server, the address is :community@email-ws.withings.com.

Here is the complete message, I deleted a few identifiers.

130xauto

We cannot reach your server to a notification (timeout of 2 seconds). Below the details

Please fix your url. We will delete this notification in 20 days. We will not remove the notification if the next calls are correct.

The From address is not the same as the raw SMTP headers. The From address can be forged.

I haven't received one of those emails, but I believe @Angus_M has been battling with the same issue. Either it's from a slow internet connection or the hub is bogged down with other external calls?

Yes it is real. I got some yesterday too. I’m wondering if they had some issues?

1 Like

Yep, in Thailand it is not unusual for the response to the hub to be slow through the Great Silk Curtain. Although I have to say recently it's been a good deal better than in the past. I've asked and asked them to extend their 2 second cutoff to a more reasonable timeout but it's fallen on deaf ears. Why so many companies are so utterly hopeless nowadays is a complete mystery to me.

2 Likes

not sure what I am doing wrong here but keep getting this error when I try to add a user.
{"errors":[{"message":"redirect_uri_mismatch: The redirect URI provided is missing or does not match partner callback url"}]}

any hints on where to fix this?
Thank you
B

Did you setup the app in the withings portal? Sounds like it wasn’t done correctly.

yes followed the API directions provided, filled in name with mine
description was - home
my email for contact
company - home
put in https://cloud.hubitat.com/oauth/stateredirect for the callback url
and copied the client id and the secret one and pasted them into the appropriate boxes.
not sure where I messed that up but it is possible.
I have deleted and re-installed the app.

Thanks
Bob

Hmm sounds correct. Make sure there wasn’t a space before/after the callback url by accident?

1 Like

so yeah...... I did screw up the setup in the withings portal
it must of reset to the default vice Prod.
yup RTFD2 and check.

Thanks for the help
B

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

1 Like

A question now that I have correctly set this up (or so I assume).
How long does it take for data to appear on the device after it has been created?
I only have battery at 50% as the current state.
no data otherwise from the device, in my case a scale.

Thank you
B

For me it’s usually within a minute after I get off the scale

1 Like

Thank you, I see you got to step on the scale to get it to report.
I have my report from the device.
Sweet
Thanks Again
B

1 Like