Night Light

I got one to play around with in Webcore so lets see how that goes :slight_smile:

Received two of these, paired them and incorporated into Webcore pistons and are working great. I'm able to change colors while its on without it turning off just fine either through webcore or basic device details in Hubitat. Will be running some tests as to what the range of the motion sensor is but so far both are working as expected. Also noticed that both of mine are on firmware ending in "48" so looks like there has been a change done!

Note; out of the box one of mine had to be factory reset to eventually pair, the second paired right away. These also don't work by sending "color temp" and having it figure out a "color name" equivalent like some others as can be done in Webcore. Lastly the illuminance sensor range is not very wide but should work well enough to incorporate into triggers.

Overall, very happy with these and might get some more in the future.

Edit: added device data

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 6.15.02 PM

2 Likes

.48 is the older firmware. Either you got old stock, or the new ones are shipping with the older firmware now. Wish I could get the .48 firmware on mine.

Based on your previous screenshot it looks like you are on firmware 32 and software .50

It looks like the the working units are firmware 30 with software .48 (@rlithgow1 's) or mine of firmware 48 and software .72.

So I do think there might be some new builds out there possibly. I might order another set and see what I get.

I am still not having this issue. Mine works normally.

I have a version that has not been mentioned above.

1 Like

If someone confirms that we can update the firmware to a working version I'll drag this thing back off the island of misfit toys and have another go at it.

1 Like

@ThirdReality Any updates on getting newer firmware that fixes this?

I personally am not having this issue. That said, OTA update from hubitat cannot be perfomed unless your night light is at v72 or above. According to mike, the firmware on the nightlight device doesn't follow the zigbee spec properly in terms of fallback support if bulk load broadcasting isn't supported. Currently hubitat doesn't support the type of update that the device requires. It's the only device that does this.

Now that said, if you can get your device updated to v72 or above, future updates can be done by hubitat.

To update the device can happen in one of 2 ways.

A. Get a third reality hub that can do the update.

B. Install HA somewhere with a zigbee stick and follow the instructions here.

https://discuss.3reality.com/d/15-third-reality-devices-ota-instructions-in-zha-home-assistant

1 Like

Clearly should have returned this to Amazon during the return window. I like other 3rd Reality products, but this is (I hate this word) unacceptable.

Like I said, I'm running v48 and haven't had the issues described and it's been very reliable for me. We've got one in each bathroom

I appreciate that, but mine came with .50 and thereโ€™s no workable path to upgrade or downgrade

https://discuss.3reality.com/d/15-third-reality-devices-ota-instructions-in-zha-home-assistant

Don't run HA. Don't have a Zigbee dongle. Not going to buy a 3rd Reality Hub to upgrade the firmware of one faulty device. I guess I should have used cost-effective instead of workable.

Well if you have an old pc or laptop HA is free, you could probably pick up a used zigbee dongle on ebay for 5 bux

So third reality sent this to me for free to update the night light

Well, happy for you...

1 Like

I wasn't too excited to spend $30 to update a nightlight that cost me $30, that's selling for $22 now. But, let us know how it works out.

Well if it works out I can loan it to you for postage

Let's see how it goes. Thanks.