New Zooz ZEN16 Multirelay

The Auto-Off parameter is adjustable in minute increments, 1 minute being the shortest. I agree, if 1 second were an option that would be a good enough solution, but waiting 1 minute for the relay to close isn't an option compared to pressing the button twice.

The latest firmware for that device has a "unit" parameter that allows you to change it to seconds.

I misread what you said about the latest Hubitat firmware and thought you had updated the device's firmware...

now we're getting somewhere, THANK YOU!

This is what I have set up in my RM to make Relay1 act like a momentary switch.

Zooz support said this setting is use for what type of switch is connected to zen16, not the function of relay switch.

The setting need to be at "toggle switch"

This work for me by setting a RM to turn on then turn off 1 second later for a momentary function relay.

1 Like

Just to recap about the momentary capabilities:

1. Switch type for relay is to be used according to the wall switch type you want to use to turn (and keep) the relay on or off with a click / tap. That means you only want to use momentary if using this type of switch to turn something on or off and keep it that way and NOT if you'd like to accomplish momentary contact behavior like for a garage door gate. Obvious for the engineers, not so obvious to us regular users so we added another Switch Type option in firmware 1.02 that is simply called "garage door mode" - it will both know what to do with the wall switch AND Z-Wave control of the relay, creating momentary behavior for both sides of control.

2. Auto-off timer - the first release included a timer in minutes only (we thought it would be easy to set momentary behavior using hub rules but it turned out it's neither that easy nor that reliable), then we added seconds and hours in 1.01 and finally we added the garage door mode I mentioned above for the 1.02 release - this applies a 2 second auto-off timer to the rely by default so you don't need to do any additional programming for the relay to work well with garage doors or in any similar momentary contact applications.

3. The advanced settings we added for option 1.01 and 1.02 are not exposed in the Hubitat driver since it was released before we made these changes. The good news is that @mike.maxwell created a great simple Z-Wave parameter tool you could use here AND you can change the switch type manually using a sequence on the Z-Wave button from the device directly as well.

1 Like

Is Zooz going to release a user driver or we have to wait for the next Hubitat update for the new driver?

We're not planning to release a custom driver since the built-in driver works great for primary functionality and offers access to most settings BUT we're working on something to make the garage door set-up more intuitive and quicker to program. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

I'm interested in using the Zen16 sw1 sw2 sw3 inputs without using the related R1, R2, R3 contacts. Two Questions.

1. If I hook Sw1 to a switch and close the switch I'm assuming R1 will close even without a load on R1. I just want to use this as an indicator in Hubitat that the switch is close. Would this work?

2. What voltage would be across Sw1? Would it be the same as the 12-24 volt input to the ZEN16? I don't need or want 110 volts going to my switch location.

I'm planing on using this on my garage door. SW1 would open or close the door with the relay contact. Sw2 would show door open using some type of switch, Sw3 would show door closed using some type of switch.

Thank for your help.

What I would like is a 240V smart plug.

Can't find one.

Can I use this device to remotely control power on a 240V PDU that is running up to 15 amps at 240v (typically expect under 10 amps)

Sorry I missed this post for some reason! You can definitely use the Sw terminals to monitor status as long as the sensors or switches connected to Sw terminals are not powered by an external power source. There can't be any voltage applied to the Sw terminals since the device uses internal voltage to control the relays (as you suggested in point 2 of your post).

Yes, the ZEN16 is a dry contact relay so the voltage on the controlled device can be 12 V or 240 V, as long as the connected appliance is under 15 A for R1 and R2 or 20 A for R3.

Feel free to reach out to us for help with wiring or programming if needed.

Now, we just need a way to update the firmware...
@bcopeland

1 Like

soon.. Very soon

2 Likes

I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling soon will align with the next hubitat firmware update...

1 Like

Good news

Using bcopeland's firmware updater [RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater, and Mike's parameter tool Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool I was able to:

• Update the ZEN16 firmware to 1.02
  • Set relay auto-off to seconds (versus default minutes)
  • Continue to use the supported driver (just ignore that it says minutes)

Very happy. Thank you Bryan and Zooz (Agnes and Karen) support (1.02 firmware and updated manual with correct parameter values)

2 Likes

Can someone direct me to where I get the latest firmware. It looks like I'm on 1.00 and would like to update to use this as a garage door opener.

1 Like

If you're asking about Zooz firmware, you need to contact their support and ask them to email it to you. They were very quick to respond to my request.

3 Likes

http://www.support.getzooz.com/new

1 Like

I was about to edit my post with that URL! :grinning:

1 Like

Their support system seems to be either overwhelmed or down? I keep getting stuck on "submitting" and it never goes any further.

Anyone else?

1 Like