New Tuya Zigbee Product

Has anyone used this type of device?

I have used a rebadged one of these for a kitchen extractor fan. Works perfectly using the HE Generic Zigbee Switch driver. They are a bit bigger that some, but it works just fine integrated with a pull cord switch in the fan.

Edit: For those in the UK, Amazon ships them:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0893JN4KR?th=1

Did you use the "one gang" or "two gang" version?

One gang.

I wouldn’t buy that. I don’t see any mention of ETL certification for the US and Canada.

The Xiaomi double-relay is around the same price, is ETL certified, and unlike the battery devices, these don’t drop. Works perfect with the community driver. I have two of them.

1 Like

But that isn't a Zigbee device.... it's a wifi device, correct?

Which one? The Xiaomi is Zigbee and that Tuya is a weird one. It's both in my understanding. Another owner (somewhere on here :man_shrugging:) reported that even though that Tuya shows WiFi on the front, this particular one is Zigbee too. Which is really confusing and probably another reason to avoid it. They also have a version that looks identical, but is Zigbee only.

Honestly, I'm not so certain what's out there is even Tuya at all. Maybe these are counterfeit devices. I'm just not into pursuing any of these really cheap mains powered devices. Too much at risk. I've no plans to have a device in my walls or even my house that could result in a fire. I'm sticking with ETL or UL certified devices only when they are mains powered.

2 Likes

There seems to be various versions of it:

Here's a pic of the box from the one I bought:
s04dd602ca8d590bc3f986dfb24ad2d955786456b

Yep. CE is self certification. Doesn't mean squat. Proceed with great caution!

1 Like

I'm using this module for bath fan. As @chirpy said, with Generic Zigbee Switch driver. It works with standard momentary wall switch, what is great! Thanks to this (and spare wires in wall box) I don't need zigbee wall switch. What about 2-gang version? Is there chance with any existing driver?
(I'm new user, I hope the question is not stupid..)

Really hard to comment on the Tuya stuff because there are so many variations and the seller documentation is all over the map. But there's compatibility for Z801-01US, Z802-01US, SK-Z803-01US - using the Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch driver.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

For a 2 gang, the module detects all the endpoints. Just make sure you use Generic Zigbee Multi-endpoint Switch as a driver.

Markus li drivers too will work with different child switch ,

Thanks a lot for these tips. I'll take risk and try this. But...does exist any similar device in official aprooved list? I mean switch module with two inputs? Because I want to keep my ABB wall (dumb) switches, so I need these modules.

I just tried a 2-channel version of these with the Generic Zigbee Multi-endpoint Switch. Both channels are recognized as endpoints EP01 and EP02 of the parent device. But, EP01 and EP02 switch on and off both channels (S1) simultaneously. However with the two physical wall switches connected to the device, I can switch the 2 channels separately! I checked the wiring a few times, cause I wouldn't believe it. Any ideas?

I also tried the Nue Zigbee Switch driver just as a test, same result.

Most of the Tuya switches should work using HE inbuilt Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch driver.
However, some of the Tuya devices will require a Tuya-specific driver in order to control individually each channel. You can try this driver.

After installing the community driver, it is obligatory that you pair the switch again to HE. Simply switching drivers will not work, re-pairing is a must.

If this driver does not work with your device by any reason, please post the device model and manufacturer ( from the device web page 'Data' section).

Thank you for the quick reply! I will report back in a few days from now.

Thanks. It works indeed.

I have now this
and this
and this!
All Tuya based switches.

1 Like