New Tradfri Dimmer

Thanks! mine is giving me some grief. Ive tried using the Ikea Button DH on smartthings with it through hubconnect also tried switching over the Smartthings DH to the hubconnect button and no luck. It wont show up in the select devices to sync menu under buttons. checked all the others as well. I can get it to show up if i make a custom handler but cant get the pushes to show in Hubitat going that route.

Yeah it's a shame these don't work. The build quality seem great - I really only want to use them as a button but I'm not going to get a Smarthings Hub to make that happen (Already have Hubitat, Hue, Ring and Wink hubs so it's getting ridiculous). I already have a couple of Smarthings buttons working with Hubitat so I'll just throw the Tradfri's in a drawer somewhere in case they work one day.

And we are still waiting for this day..

1 Like

Once it is supported, it will get added to the compatible devices lists

1 Like

Bought one of these. I do like the traditional rocker design for sure. Anyway, while waiting for the day this may be supported I'm using zigbee2mqtt with a pi zero and a CC2351 stick (eventually to be rolled into my main pi).

Was there anything "tricky" you had to do to pair it? Or is it pretty much fully supported by Zigbee2mqtt? I'm planning to try this out, but I haven't got around to it, yet.

Only needed to press the button on the dimmer 4 times to initiate pairing, pretty painless. The only tricky bit was installing the right version of nodejs and npm as the pi is based off arm6 architecture.

1 Like

Any advance on this. Just got new c7 hub today and planning migration from ST. Have 10 of these €6 ikea buttons so that puts me in a pickle.

Would love to get this sorted.
Will have to stick with ST for now and I'm not keen to do that.

2 Likes

Found this but haven't been able to get it working on HE

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lap33733/Smartthings/master/devicetypes/smartthings/ikea-up-down-button.src/ikea-up-down-button.groovy

1 Like

Same here I have a bunch of these and my wife is lost without them. @mike.maxwell can you throw us a bone here regarding the future of ikea device support?

I second that I am in the process of moving from Smartthings to Hubitat. I have a lot of these Ikea remotes both types and the are a great low cost way to control groups of lights and scenes. Very disappointing that they don't work with Hubitat the same way they work with Smartthings. I hope someone can help figure out how to make them work.

1 Like

Have you tried leaving them on ST Hub and sharing them thru HubConnect? I did that for some other remotes that used Inbound Group Messaging that HE doesn't support. Not ideal but keeps them from being paperweights. I have no idea what Inbound or Outbound Group Messaging means :grinning:.

I couldn't get them to work though hubconnect, there wasn't an option for buttons?

There is a HubConnect Button driver on the HubConnect website. I am pretty sure that is the one I used. I installed my remotes back in January so I am not 100% sure and I quit using them about 6 weeks ago.

I did it with remotes mentioned in this thread that have the same group messaging issue w/ HE:

If you go down to my post #241, there are people helping me get the remotes connected. However I don't know if the Tradfri is a completely different issue.

Is HubConnect on the ST not letting you select the Tradfri remote or is the Button Device not being created on your HE hub after selecting the remote on the ST side?

1 Like

Seems like hubitat is 99.9% committed to zwave and the rest is zigbee.

Nearly all updates focus on zwave devices and zwave updates and improvements.

I've had 6 or 7 updates and nearly 100% zwave.

Drivers, mesh management ( bad bulb repeaters etc) plus other bits are not on the radar to address for zigbee.

Pity as in Europe zigbee seems more common.

1 Like

I don't believe that's the case. The new hub has had some obvious issues with the new ZWave chip so that has been their focus since coming out but that's only been there case since then. Once this major transition is settled, the company can focus on other things. It looks like you joined in August right in the middle of the ZWave storm so you haven't gotten an accurate view.

If can search for Release Notes of updates prior to the introduction of the C7 hub, I think you will see that the HE is not ZWave focused on its updates.

1 Like

LOL

Just before the C7 came out, accusations were flying that Hubitat was trying to drop Zwave!

The new 700 chip in the C7 has required lots of attention recently. Some of that was unplanned, so there have been many bugfixes and releases to get the C7 stable.

Once that calms down, I think you will see things back to a more balanced (normal) format with a couple improvements in Zigbee, Zwave, and apps in each release.

3 Likes

Maybe bad timing but see zigbee issues that seem only with hubitat that are not on any other platform. Maybe once the dust settles on the zwave improvements they will be sorted.

One zigbee thing i love in hubitat is not having to bring the devices close to the hub to pair. Master stroke.

What Zigbee issues are you seeing / experiencing ?
You mention bulbs as bad repeaters but that’s not a HE issue as I understand it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.