New Schlage Connect Lock - Zigbee version

I am hoping @mike.maxwell will provide a quick fix for the Schlage issue. But it doesn't require a PIN to lock the lock, my family would hate that anyway.

Yes, like this.

Edit: I admit I haven't tried it in RM 4 though. This is an old existing rule.

1 Like

I've had similar discussions about things like malware protection and car security systems. If a good car thief or a hacker wants into your stuff they're getting it. All we can do is make our stuff a less desirable target by having deterrents.

In Alaska probably the best deterrent is that a rather large percentage of attempted home invasions result in the perp being shot by one of more of the residents!

2 Likes

Here is a quick RM 4 rule. Looks like it should work, but I'm not at home to test it.

Your RM 4.0 rule looks good to me. Your RM 3.0 rule actually might be problematic: the code entered would be better as a trigger (so basically what you're doing in RM 4.0). As a condition, it would only change truth value (thus causing a reevaluation and possible running of the actions) if a different code is entered and then "maid" is entered again. This may not be a problem if that only happens once in a row.

But of course, all of this depends on the lock sending the event correctly in the first place, a problem I seem to be lucky not to have. :scream:

2 Likes

I just grabbed a couple of the 914 zigbee models from Lowes on my way to work, thanks for the advice @JasonJoel

Unfortunately my issue with lock code triggers doesn't seem to be resolved using the Kwikset 914 Zigbee model either. Initially it was working as I expected but now the lock code events are not being shown in the device driver event log and the rules are no longer triggering. The live logging does show the lock code event though, strange.

Starting to think it may be an issue with the generic zigbee lock driver? @mike.maxwell

I was really hoping to avoid the headaches I have heard about the z-wave locks but from what I'm reading the Schlage and Yale Z-wave models seem to be working well for most people that have a strong mesh?

Is the code from the lock being used in the rule incrementing the usage logging in LCM?

All of these unlocks were by the the keypad, as you can see none of the device events are showing "unlocked by xx" instead just "unlocked"

Live logging shows like this:

Lock code manager report looks like this after clearing it and then unlocking it with a valid code several times:

Can you pm me the live logs with debug logging turned on, then an unlock from the keypad using a code?

Debug logging for the lock or LCM or both?

Just the lock, I only need the lock logs.

Hi All, I have the Schlage zigbee lock using the generic zigbee lock driver and it doesnt show any logging anywhere when its locked and unlocked. It is talking to LSM though and I can unlock and lock within Hubitat but just no event logging. Any ideas?

EDIT: I had a closer look and noticed it wasn't connected so I pulled the power pack on the lock and did a repair and its back online. I have just moved into a new house so onboard new devices left right and centre so it clearly needs to settle down a touch.

1 Like

I have schlage connect zigbee lock. It works well once I changed the driver to zigbee generic lock. I struggled. Abir to get the right combination since it detects it as Schlage during device discovery but does not connect. After few attempts I deleted the device and added fresh (schlage needs to be put in discovery mode ) just added it. Went to devices changed the driver to zigbee generic lock, save and then clicked on configuration (apparently this needs to be done. Works !!!. Was able to push the code (4 digit only) and added the image in the dashboard.

1 Like

This reminds me: the Generic Zigbee Lock driver works perfectly for my Schlage except that the "set code length" command does not work. I have to do this manually from the lock. (EDIT: see below; this is intended and I misunderstood the purpose of the command.)

It's "configure," but generally what this does for Zigbee devices is tell them what to report back to the hub. In the case of the Schlage connect, commands you send to it are likely to work from the driver but lock status is unlikely to be reported back (at least not in real time) unless you do this. Basically, a good idea to do when you switch drivers if the driver has this command implemented unless you have a good reason not to (e.g., a Z-Wave device where you changed a specific parameter, say with a specific tool/driver, in a way that your "real" driver doesn't let you change and are worried about it getting overwritten).

2 Likes

SetCodeLength doesn't change the code langth on any lock, its there just to update the event value.

1 Like

Ah, I didn't know that (not sure why I thought locks supported this over Z-Wave/Zigbee), but guess it's working as intended then. :slight_smile:

@mike.maxwell I read in another post the schlage drivers in HE are for Schlage connect zwave &
NOT for Schlage connect zigbee. Question - Do you know if hubitat are building one?

The generic zigbee lock driver is likely to work for this lock.

@mike.maxwell you may consider adding “Zwave” into the name of the Schlage lock driver to reduce confusion. This question has come up several times in this community.

@sajid2310 I have been using the generic Zigbee lock driver in my Schlage Zigbee lock and it works very well.

2 Likes

This is a good idea since the marketing gurus at Schlage expect the consumer to realize that: BE468 and BE468NX are z-wave, but BE468GBAK is zigbee. Genius!

2 Likes