New Schlage Connect Lock - Zigbee version

I've done the same since March last year, haven't had a single issue (except for LCM randomly not carrying out scheduled codes, but that's a different issue).

2 Likes

Do you know if a product model number / feature cross reference exists to help decode the various Schlage Lock model numbers?

I just received a Schlage BE468GBAK lock with firmware version 0.17.0 (dated 1/24/2019). Does anyone know if there is a newer version of firmware for these locks? 0.17.0 sounds almost like beta to me.

I don't know, but it doesn't matter if there is. The only Schlage locks that currently support user upgradable firmware are their WiFi and BT blocks.

They used to support this for their z-wave locks (through the Nexia gateway) but removed that feature several years ago.

They don't support it for their zigbee locks either.

Thank you. I'd still appreciate knowing that my newly-purchased lock was at least running something CLOSE to the latest version.

Have you seen a cross reference for Schlage model numbers? Do you know if the BE468GBAK is the only Zigbee lock made my Schlage?

Yes. There's one I saw on Allegion's website, but I cannot find it now. Here's what I know from memory:

Deadbolts:

BE469, BE469NX, BE469WK = Schlage Connect z-wave locks
BE469ZP = Schlage Connect z-wave+ lock
BW468GBAK = Schlage Connect zigbee lock (the only one Schlage currently makes)
BE479 = Schlage Sense BT lock
BE489 = Schlage Encode WiFi lock

Lever lock:

FE599 = Schlage Connected z-wave lever lock

Yes, it is the only zigbee lock made by Schlage. While it has less issues than Schlage z-wave locks, I would recommend considering zigbee alternatives made by Kwikset and Yale.

2 Likes

Also, the big difference between the

BE468 series (z-wave and zigbee) and the BE469 series is that the latter has a built in alarm.

There is a BE468 z-wave lock as well.

2 Likes

Do you know what version firmware your Schlage Zigbee lock is running?
I just received a brand new Schlage Zigbee lock that has firmware 0.17.0 (dated 1/2/4/2019) installed. That version almost sounds like a beta version to me.

Don't let the numbering scheme mislead you. Schlage firmware 0.8.0 came after 7.2.

1 Like

Well, I suppose 17.0 does SOUND a lot newer than 0.17. Regardless, the firmware on this "new" lock is over one year old, which may or may not have any significance.
I mostly want to confirm that people here who report reliable results with HE and their Schlage Zigbee locks are using firmware at least as old as what is installed on my newly-arrived lock.

1 Like

Just following up on discussion about Schlage Connect Deadbolt Lock. Any one using this Zigbee version (BE468GBAK)?
https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Connect-Deadbolt-Camelot-Certified/dp/B07H3NQH53/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=schlage+zigbee&qid=1615269418&sr=8-1
Or this one (BE479AA)?
https://www.amazon.com/Schlage-Deadbolt-Camelot-CAM-619/dp/B00YUPDW0Q/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=schlage+zigbee&qid=1615269418&sr=8-7
Or this (BE468GBAK)?
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07H3BD4LS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4XRJ8S0WXSO0&psc=1

Is there default Hubitat device driver for them? I have the z-wave version, which is very unreliable, and thinking of switching to the Zigbee one.

I use this one. It replaced a very old Schlage Zwave lock. No separate driver as the generic Zigbee lock driver works great. I haven’t had any issues with it and battery life is great, though I take the risk of using lithium since I have another door I can enter if batteries are dead- risk worth reward of log battery life for me. I personally went with Schlage because every door in my house is also Schlage and I wanted the same key.

1 Like

Had old Kwiksets for years. I wore the numbers off the buttons so you couldn't read them. Maybe newer ones are better. And I don't get shared buttons, you're simply reducing the possible combination pool.

That's a disappointment. I can live without the muted siren but I hope it locks up for a few minutes to slow re-attempts. And how do you know when to replace batteries? Do you have to write a rule and send your own notifications or something. You just can't let the device batteries go dead one day without warning.

You can write a rule, use the built-in Notifications app, or use a community app of your choice to monitor battery level. As usual, with Hubitat, you have a lot of ways to approach the automation. I don't know if the lock has any built-in mechanisms to slow successive failed lock attempts. In the few accidentally wrong code entries I've made myself, I haven't noticed anything, though I imagine any limit would be far higher than I've ever tried.

1 Like

Wow .. this simply works ! Enough Zwave experimentation with this.